The Student Room Group

Can I still get student finance?

I have used 5 years of student finance so far for my undergraduate degree; I did a foundation year first, then four years (including a year abroad), yet when I go to apply for SFE, it states I have used up all my available sfe allowance...
for context, the course I have applied for (and was accepted) is for teacher training (school based), it awards QTS at the end with an option of receiving a PGCE if I choose. When speaking with the provider, it was explained that it counts as a postgraduate course but through the undergraduate student finance, which I am somewhat confused by.
Hi Peachyjimin,

If you are now going to study a PGCE course after studying an undergraduate degree you should be able to get funding for this. I take it you are applying as a new student rather than a returner and the course starts in the 23/24 academic year?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Peachyjimin,

If you are now going to study a PGCE course after studying an undergraduate degree you should be able to get funding for this. I take it you are applying as a new student rather than a returner and the course starts in the 23/24 academic year?

Thanks,
Calum

Hello, that's correct. I was trying to apply to SFE as a new student for the 23/24 year. The course length is only one year, and I graduate from my current degree in July and would start the next one in September
Hi Peachyjimin,

If you start in September it would be a 24/25 application so you will need to wait for these to open on the 11th March

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending