The Student Room Group

What happened to her

So basically met this girl online 2 days ago.
We have been speaking a lot and I was flirting with her and thought she liked me as she was asking relationship status and other things.
She even told me lets meet up today.
Last night, I ended the phone call as she called me mate. I regret it afterwards as what I did lowkey reminded her of her ex.
I apologised and told her I wont do that **** again.
Now she is saying she isn't looking for a relationship and just wants to be friends which is confusing me.
She started to low-key have tears and literally asked me if i want to be friends with her. I ignored her comment and told her I am going to sleep.
Now us meeting today is looking sticky of what happened yesterday.
I literally don't know what to do. She did apoligised to me for misleading me.
How can I fix this. I am thinking of her calling with her friend with her so she can persuade her.
Need urgent advise I beg.
Reply 1
Any advise
Original post by Anonymous #1
So basically met this girl online 2 days ago.
We have been speaking a lot and I was flirting with her and thought she liked me as she was asking relationship status and other things.
She even told me lets meet up today.
Last night, I ended the phone call as she called me mate. I regret it afterwards as what I did lowkey reminded her of her ex.
I apologised and told her I wont do that **** again.
Now she is saying she isn't looking for a relationship and just wants to be friends which is confusing me.
She started to low-key have tears and literally asked me if i want to be friends with her. I ignored her comment and told her I am going to sleep.
Now us meeting today is looking sticky of what happened yesterday.
I literally don't know what to do. She did apoligised to me for misleading me.
How can I fix this. I am thinking of her calling with her friend with her so she can persuade her.
Need urgent advise I beg.
First off you've only known each other for 2 days. Most people won't have cemented a bond for a relationship by then.

Secondly it's never good to say your partner reminds you of your/their ex. Especially if it was an abusive relationship they went through can bring back trauma etc.

Thirdly if she just wants to be a friend I'd just go with that for now. There's always time for things to change, especially when you only known each other for a small amount of time.
Reply 3
I probably need to accept friendzone because she said she isn’t looking for a relationship.
Nah what I did accidentally and didn’t mean it probably reminded her of her ex.
Should I still see her today. Is gonna be first time or shall I leave it for today
Original post by Anonymous #1
I probably need to accept friendzone because she said she isn’t looking for a relationship.
Nah what I did accidentally and didn’t mean it probably reminded her of her ex.
Should I still see her today. Is gonna be first time or shall I leave it for today
Nothing wrong with being friends. I'm a man and my best friend is a woman (I also have a gf who is someone else) so it's perfectly possible. Whether you want to meet is up to you, I enjoy meeting my best friend and we usually greet each other by a hug.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending