The Student Room Group

how to win this girl back

started seeing this girl weeks ago we dated a little bit but i completely froze every time i saw her didnt know what to say and basically ****ed it. we’re friends again but i really want to give it another go i really like her. but i have 0 idea what i can do

i havent talked to her or seen her in a couple days and i have no idea how to start or hold a conversation especially over text. ive been like this my whole life but its probably worse rn bc ive been smoking way too much weed for the past 2 years. but my brain literally goes blank and i cant think of anything to say. and if i do end up thinking of something i instantly shut myself down and decide she’ll hate me if i say that so 🤷*♂️
part of me just wants to text her hi wyd wanna go do something but there is literally *nothing* to do in this town, unless she wants to walk up and down the street in complete awkward silence for 2 hours for the 5th time

i know at one point she had feelings for me and i just really want her to feel them again but i genuinely have no idea how i made her feel like that like i was just being nice

there must be somethin just mentally wrong with me bc i dont know how to hold a conversation at all with anyone words just dont come to me.
You’re new to dating, please don’t say there’s something wrong with you.

If I’m completely honest, if you get that panicked around her, I wouldn’t say it’s a good sign. Whenever I’ve been someone, you should feel at home and super comfortable around them. Yes there may be some initial nerves, but that shouldn’t always happen.

You can absolutely go for it and see what happens, and hope the nerves die down. Or wait it out and find someone that’s the right fit for you. Unfortunately just because you might be attracted to someone, it doesn’t always make you compatible.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You’re new to dating, please don’t say there’s something wrong with you.

If I’m completely honest, if you get that panicked around her, I wouldn’t say it’s a good sign. Whenever I’ve been someone, you should feel at home and super comfortable around them. Yes there may be some initial nerves, but that shouldn’t always happen.

You can absolutely go for it and see what happens, and hope the nerves die down. Or wait it out and find someone that’s the right fit for you. Unfortunately just because you might be attracted to someone, it doesn’t always make you compatible.

its not that i get panicked its just that i genuinely dont know how to talk to or what to talk about with people. happens with everyone i talk to including close family and my best mate but because obviously we’ve known eachother so long we can chill in silence for a bit before the conversation picks back up. with everyone else i talk to after the first silence it tends to just completely die off and i cant think of what to say and they dont say anything either.
i do initially feel comfortable around her like if im going to see her im hyping myself up in my head and going through what im gonna say and am genuinely excited to see her. it can be sound for 10-20 minutes but once i burn through the things i had planned to say it just goes downhill quick

i do have a lot in common with her and we get on well enough there’ve been a good few conversations that flowed nicely but they just get overshadowed by all the awkwardness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending