The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni rejection due to entry requirements

Hi, I wonder if anyone has had the same experience - Unfortunately I got a rejection for Gaelic at Glasgow Uni yesterday and am a bit confused at their reason. I got AAAA in S5 (English, Gaelic, Music, French) yet they've stated on UCAS that I "did not achieve the S5 minimum academic requirement at the point of application". The Uni website says the minimum requirement is BBBB.

This year I'm doing 2 advanced highers, and a Foundation Apprenticeship which I was told would count as a higher if it came to it. Basically I was assured by school that I wouldn't need an extra higher because the advanced highers or FA would make up for it. I was only able to do four highers in S5 anyway because I didn't do maths, and apparently there was no alternative for that on the timetable or something (small school problems...)

The rejection isn't the end of the world for me as I've got unconditionals elsewhere but if we're being told the wrong info at school then I worry for people in the years below applying in the future.

Any insights on this would be appreciated!
Ahhhhhh that's so strange!! My own school was weird about Highers and Advanced Highers as well - half the teachers weren't qualified for AH, so I get what you mean.

I wonder if it's because they tend to give out offers based on 5 Higher qualifications? (And 6 Highers by the end of S6?) Might be worth contacting them to check up on this, as they seem to have worded it the wrong way - you've clearly got the minimum S5 ones.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending