The Student Room Group
University of York
York

When will I get my offer / rejection from Uni of York?

Hi,
I made an application to York in December, for Film and Television - and I still haven't received word from them.
Not to be impatient or anything, but I know a couple of other people who have already received their offers - and I just wondered if anybody knew when mine would come through.
I'm specifically worried as I'm not sure if getting a late offer would decrease my chances of getting my accommodation choices.
Could anyone help?
It really depends, but because you applied in December it is likely to be longer. My application was sent off at the start of November and I got an offer two days later.
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
I made an application to York in December, for Film and Television - and I still haven't received word from them.
Not to be impatient or anything, but I know a couple of other people who have already received their offers - and I just wondered if anybody knew when mine would come through.
I'm specifically worried as I'm not sure if getting a late offer would decrease my chances of getting my accommodation choices.
Could anyone help?
Hi,

Our accommodation applications haven't opened yet (they open on 18 March) so there's still some time before the system even opens - so don't worry, you haven't missed out. We also have a fair system of allocating rooms so you won't be penalised if you apply a bit later, as long as you apply before 31 July.

I've emailed the department to ask if they have a rough timeline for when you might hear back and I'll let you know if I hear from them 🙂
Hi,
Could anyone help?
hi, I've applied for that course too! mine got sent off in early January though 😅 I hope you get an offer soon!
Hi,
Could anyone help?
Hi!

I've just heard back from the Department. They aren't able to give a timeline but they've confirmed that their Admissions Team are still processing applications and will be in touch soon.

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending