The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Sheffield vs QMUL (Artificial Intelligence)

Hi. I'm an international student and I got offers from the University of Manchester, University of Sheffield, and Queen Mary University of London.

I applied for an MSc Artificial Intelligence at all Uni, and I have to choose one. I like the courses at all three schools, so I'm having a hard time deciding. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations on the advantages of each school? I'll appreciate it. Thanks:smile:
Original post by Yoom17
Hi. I'm an international student and I got offers from the University of Manchester, University of Sheffield, and Queen Mary University of London.

I applied for an MSc Artificial Intelligence at all Uni, and I have to choose one. I like the courses at all three schools, so I'm having a hard time deciding. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations on the advantages of each school? I'll appreciate it. Thanks:smile:
Hiya,

Congratulations on your offer!

As a current second year student in Computer Science and Artificial intelligence (MSc) at the University of Sheffield, I can say that I have been enjoying my course so far. The content focuses on building your independent coding ability and there are lots of group projects that you can talk about in your CV and interviews as well which I find really helpful.

You can talk to one of our student ambassadors if you would like more details about the course here:
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat

In terms of the city as well, it is quite convenient to get around and has lots of things to see and do. There is a good mix of city and countryside as we have the Peak District close by as well so I really enjoyed the pace of Sheffield. The city also has a lower cost of living than the national average making it more affordable to students.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Jivanthika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending