The Student Room Group

Arm Software Engineer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship 2024 - DTS BSc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dragami
Hi, I am that classmate. Can confirm that seeing the pain he's had with Monogame has been equally heart breaking to watch. I've had a relatively smooth time with mine, the benefits of a having a GUI are insane and have made it so much easier
Oh this is cool!!
Reply 21
Hello, I've made a discord server 2 talk about this! :smile: It can be for any apprenticeships and a good way to network too :thumbsup:

https://discord.gg/jBBn2mkC7h
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Astray666
Oh aha, all the best of luck, I didn't quite understand your project though, what is its job?
I'm making a Scientific + Graphing Calculator that also does Differentiation and Integration. I've just finished the scientific part but need to do the write up which I hate.
What language and exam board are you with?
Thats such a cool project! Wow, if I did CS back then would have loved to do something like this. Have you thought of adding trigonometric graphs in it too?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 23
Original post by G468
Hello, I've made a discord server 2 talk about this! :smile: It can be for any apprenticeships and a good way to network too :thumbsup:
https://discord.gg/pfdv2BZd

Thank you, I've just been so busy and haven't found the time to make one.
Reply 24
Original post by G468
Thats such a cool project! Wow, if I did CS back then would have loved to do something like this. Have you thought of adding trigonometric graphs in it too?

Ahah, thank you, and yes, trigonometric graphs are the first thing I thought of as I also do Maths. I drew a sine wave which was okay but actually implementing different functions and allowing the user to type as they will and draw it is the hard part, I think this is the hardest part of my project due to be not grasping it properly so I have left it till the end for now.

Differentiation and integration should be pretty straightforward as it is an A Level project, so it doesn't have to do every function in the world, just the ones specified.

I would say if you can do a project, do it as that will teach you more than just watching videos and typing random code ever will. It also helps your problem solving skills and you'll bump into new things and new ways of solving things, make use of AI if it's a personal project to see how it approaches the problem compared to you.
Reply 25
Original post by Astray666
Ahah, thank you, and yes, trigonometric graphs are the first thing I thought of as I also do Maths. I drew a sine wave which was okay but actually implementing different functions and allowing the user to type as they will and draw it is the hard part, I think this is the hardest part of my project due to be not grasping it properly so I have left it till the end for now.
Differentiation and integration should be pretty straightforward as it is an A Level project, so it doesn't have to do every function in the world, just the ones specified.
I would say if you can do a project, do it as that will teach you more than just watching videos and typing random code ever will. It also helps your problem solving skills and you'll bump into new things and new ways of solving things, make use of AI if it's a personal project to see how it approaches the problem compared to you.
I would love to do projects in my own time but I am so busy with many things piling up it makes it quite difficult. In summer I have been wanting to use the free time after exams to try some of those things out though. And that project of yours is something I feel like I'd enjoy a lot since I love maths so much. So maybe I'll do something like that if you dont mind haha. I'd love to try do the trigonometric waves thing since trigonometry is probably my favourite part of maths (mechanics and calc is up there too) :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by G468
I would love to do projects in my own time but I am so busy with many things piling up it makes it quite difficult. In summer I have been wanting to use the free time after exams to try some of those things out though. And that project of yours is something I feel like I'd enjoy a lot since I love maths so much. So maybe I'll do something like that if you dont mind haha. I'd love to try do the trigonometric waves thing since trigonometry is probably my favourite part of maths (mechanics and calc is up there too) :smile:

Sure, we have each other on Discord, so I'd be great to see how you get on and what programming language you do it in.
Anyone heard back after the interview ?
Original post by nayantarasel

Yh

Made it to the final stage
Original post by hhh12345678910
Made it to the final stage

is that the ac?
Original post by jake102:)
is that the ac?

I’m not sure they just said final stage of the recruitment process in the email
Reply 32
Original post by hhh12345678910
I’m not sure they just said final stage of the recruitment process in the email

What is involved in the final stage?
Original post by mdtbop
What is involved in the final stage?

This is what it says on their website.

Now is the time for you to learn more about Arm and for us to better understand your interests and talents. At this stage, you will be invited to continue interviewing with our teams, potential teammates, and others who started where you did and grew with us in their careers.
Reply 34
I've had an email to say I've made it to the next stage but not final. I need to do some eligibility checks with Thier training provider to then be considered for the final stage.
Original post by Null--
I've had an email to say I've made it to the next stage but not final. I need to do some eligibility checks with Thier training provider to then be considered for the final stage.

Same
I think it means that they just need to check your eligibility then they can move you on to the final stage
Original post by Null--

Congrats. Would the training provider call you or would you need to reach out to them?
Reply 38
Congrats. Would the training provider call you or would you need to reach out to them?

They said the provider would reach out independently and it would be a genuine request by them.
Reply 39
What does this eligibility involve? What are they looking for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending