The Student Room Group

connecting with people

how do you connect with people in year 2 and year 3 , if your studying in year 1 ?
Just treat it like you would anyone else. Just bcoz they're a year or so older than you it shouldnt be any different, build a connection like you would someone in year 1. It gets easier when you get older but good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
how do you connect with people in year 2 and year 3 , if your studying in year 1 ?

Anon,

You are likely to meet people from different years when you join societies.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Hi,

I would say, depending on the size of your Uni, it can be really easy to meet fellow students, from different courses and years. Try joining societies or look into what your Student Union is doing, they usually organize lots of events during the year.
The key thing is to stay positive and friendly!
Best wishes,
Milena
MA Creative and Critical Writing at Uni of Suffolk
Hi there

I think societies may be a good way of meeting new students from different years. :biggrin: Most year 2 and 3 students will be happy to make friends, so just talk to them the way you talk to students in the same year. (I think in some cases there may year 2 or year 3 students in your class? But this would depend on the course you take.)

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending