The Student Room Group

Not sure how to tell supervisor I want to move depots

I get well with everyone and very well with supervisors. They say "are you happy here" etc. They said "it's unfair before if I travel fare". I've been working there for four years.

I lot of team leaders want me to work at their site and they know I'm a very hard worker.

At other sites, my train fare per week is only £35 per week.

At this site, where I had to cover for two days, two months ago and now kept me on, I'm paying £85 per week train fare because it is outside the boundary.

I only earn £1630 a month, I don't think £170 taken away should be taken lightly.

I'm not sure what to say the supervisor, I could say understandably the train fare is too high and if they could move me. What if they team leader at this site says "you let me down", he could easily get an agency worker.
Reply 1
Are there vacancies at the other depots? If so, apply for one.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I get well with everyone and very well with supervisors. They say "are you happy here" etc. They said "it's unfair before if I travel fare". I've been working there for four years.
I lot of team leaders want me to work at their site and they know I'm a very hard worker.
At other sites, my train fare per week is only £35 per week.
At this site, where I had to cover for two days, two months ago and now kept me on, I'm paying £85 per week train fare because it is outside the boundary.
I only earn £1630 a month, I don't think £170 taken away should be taken lightly.
I'm not sure what to say the supervisor, I could say understandably the train fare is too high and if they could move me. What if they team leader at this site says "you let me down", he could easily get an agency worker.
I think firstly you need to secure a position at another site. Then you just go to your supervisor and say "Hi supervisor, Here is my 1 week / 4 week notice. I am moving to another site. It has been a pleasure working here."

And that is it. You don't need to explain yourself. Your decision is final. If your supervisor does ask, then you can say, "It costs me a lot of money to get here and I will save a lot of money working at the other site." If your current supervisor says anything other than, "Fair enough - I would do the same," then you are best out of there anyway.

Jobs are not personal. We don't do them to make friends. We do them because we need to. So don't be personal about it. Your supervisor is not going to have sleepless nights over the fact you left. Keep it super professional and all will be fine.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Thank you all.

I get on well with the supervisors. They always ask if I am ok.

There are agency workers needing work who wants to work at this depot.

I'm sure the staffing could be easily filled out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending