The Student Room Group

PhD offer (University of Southampton)

I'm an international student. I got conditional offer for PhD Mathematical Science from UOS on 23rd feb. I'm waiting for PhD presidential Scholarship outcome. Can Anyone tell that how much time they take to give the final outcome of scholarship?
Original post by Muntazir22
I'm an international student. I got conditional offer for PhD Mathematical Science from UOS on 23rd feb. I'm waiting for PhD presidential Scholarship outcome. Can Anyone tell that how much time they take to give the final outcome of scholarship?

Best to check with your potential supervisor, its not uncommon for there to be several rounds of a "big" scholarship scheme, each with its own deadline.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Best to check with your potential supervisor, its not uncommon for there to be several rounds of a "big" scholarship scheme, each with its own deadline.

Thanks for your kind response. It is written "Your faculty will automatically consider you for a Presidential Scholarship if you have applied and received an offer to undertake a PhD with us by Friday 17 March 2023". So I have the conditional admission offer but I want to know that in practice how much time do they take to tell the scholarship outcome? Should I expect that they would tell me after 17th?
Hi,
I am not sure of the answer to your question but just wanted to say congratulations!
I would agree with the comment above, if possible contact your supervisor :smile:

Abbie
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by UoS PG students
Hi,
I am not sure of the answer to your question but just wanted to say congratulations!
I would agree with the comment above, if possible contact your supervisor :smile:

Abbie
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador

Thanks for the wishes. I checked with the supervisor but he doesn’t know as well. So i will wait then. Thanks.
I am also waiting

Do you get the final outcome?
Reply 7
The results of the scholarship will be announced by mid-May.
Original post by Adi g

Okay, thanks your information. But our PhD starting date 1 August and 1 December. Time for getting Visa wouldn't enough.
Original post by Adi g

I have not got any result yet. Can give me any idea.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
There has been no formal communication in this behalf by the University. I guess we will have to wait.
Original post by Adi g
There has been no formal communication in this behalf by the University. I guess we will have to wait.

Is there any possibility to be announced the PhD presidential scholarship outcome sometime in May?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Azharul16299
Is there any possibility to be announced the PhD presidential scholarship outcome sometime in May?

The law school has announced the result of the scholarship application. Please check with your department.
Original post by Adi g
The law school has announced the result of the scholarship application. Please check with your department.

Can you enquiry for me to Doctoral College for PhD Presidential Scholarship in (ECS).
(edited 11 months ago)
Can anyone tell me about the presidential PhD scholarship result of doctoral college.
(edited 11 months ago)
Thanks for your kind response. It is written "Your faculty will automatically consider you for a Presidential Scholarship if you have applied and received an offer to undertake a PhD with us by Friday 17 March 2023". So I have the conditional admission offer but I want to know that in practice how much time do they take to tell the scholarship outcome? Should I expect that they would tell me after 17th?

Do you get the outcome of the phd presidential scholarship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending