The Student Room Group

Leeds arts uni portfolio

I sent my illustration portfolio off on the 2nd, does anyone know how long it usually takes for a response?
Original post by vampyriix
I sent my illustration portfolio off on the 2nd, does anyone know how long it usually takes for a response?

Hi! I sent my application on December 14th, was asked for my passport on the 15th and my portfolio on the 16th, then was given an offer on the 18th, so about 2 days for me after sending in all my documentation. I believe on their website or somewhere it mentioned they take about 10 days to respond to offers and stuff and since I applied early I got responses quickly, but I'm sure you'll know soon! Good luck!!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by throwaway.1947
Hi! I sent my application on December 14th, was asked for my passport on the 15th and my portfolio on the 16th, then was given an offer on the 18th, so about 2 days for me after sending in all my documentation. I believe on their website or somewhere it mentioned they take about 10 days to respond to offers and stuff and since I applied early I got responses quickly, but I'm sure you'll know soon! Good luck!!

ok, thank you :smile:
Guidance says "a maximum of six examples of" and then gives a list of things they look for. Would you / did you interpret that as six slides in total, or up to six examples of each of the different assessment objectives? Hoping it will be clearer when I get onto the image portal.

FYI: The info on their website says:
"In general terms however, we would expect to see a maximum of six examples of the following:
Different approaches to drawing and image making
Sketch book pages or development sheets
Examples of work that demonstrate the visual communication of ideas, opinions, content and messages
At this stage in your career we would much rather see experimental and innovative developmental work rather than all finished work"
Original post by EmilyJane13579
Guidance says "a maximum of six examples of" and then gives a list of things they look for. Would you / did you interpret that as six slides in total, or up to six examples of each of the different assessment objectives? Hoping it will be clearer when I get onto the image portal.

FYI: The info on their website says:
"In general terms however, we would expect to see a maximum of six examples of the following:
Different approaches to drawing and image making
Sketch book pages or development sheets
Examples of work that demonstrate the visual communication of ideas, opinions, content and messages
At this stage in your career we would much rather see experimental and innovative developmental work rather than all finished work"

I actually sent more than that - I attached a 14 slide digital portfolio (which was really long due to the amount of information I wrote for everything) and then a 3 slide traditional portfolio. This digital portfolio was used for all of the art universities I applied to (4/5 accepted, waiting on one) so in it I showed my developmental work in creating a character such as four different potential outfits, different hairstyles, armor and different weapon designs. I also did a character turnaround and thumbnail sketches for environments, and three completed environment pieces, as well as a page for enemy designs. My traditional work involved a charcoal piece and some acrylic/gouache/watercolor pieces. However, I also think I went kinda overkill with the amount of work I submitted lol, I just wanted to make sure I exhibited my skill as much as possible. If you want to see my portfolio just dm me and I'll send it to you!
(edited 2 months ago)
Any responses for this course yet?
Original post by vampyriix
i sent mine off on the 22nd of jan and got a response on the 20th of february ;;;; hope that gives a general idea!!
I got an offer today!

Quick Reply

Latest