The Student Room Group

Medicine application 24 to 25 failed exams

Hi guys so I’m aspiring to apply to medicine this year however I done a disaster in my term exams I failed both modules and now unsure I’ll get an average of 2:1 do unis ask you for transcripts when applying for grad medicine and will my tutor predict me a 2:1 achieving at the end my first year overall was a 2:1 and now everything went down hill i just don’t know what happened to me this term can some one plz reply if they’ve been I a situation like this what should I do now 😭💔
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi!

Do you have any extenuating circumstances? If so your tutor could take those into account when predicting your degree.
Are you able to retake the modules/get a better grade? Your tutor will write the reference in September/early October so if you retake that will give you time for the results to be out.
The other option would be doing a masters after your degree (if you get a 2:2) and applying with the masters result or trying your best in your last year to get a 2:1 and applying after.

Answering your questions, you do get asked for transcripts and I am unsure on whether your tutor will predict a 2:1. Maybe if you get really good grades in your next modules/retake and pass the failed ones he will predict you a 2:1. Just talk to your tutor and explain them your circumstances.

Just wanted you to know that even if you do not get the 2:1, you can still apply to med and there are loads of different ways. Keep pushing and I am sure you’ll do great💗💗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending