The Student Room Group

Changing universities

I’m staying on til the end of first year on my current university course to hopefully avoid paying tuition fees myself. I’ve already gotten offers in UCAS for a new course at different universities, but I’m not sure how to drop out of my current one. If I need to fill out any forms or anything, I don’t want to do it now as SFE are still due to pay my university later this year, however this is my last week on campus and I’m not sure my tutors will be here in the next few months. Can I just enrol to a different university without telling my current one? Or is there some kind of process I need to follow?
Phone the Academic Registry at your current Uni for advice.
Original post by imsorryjen
I’m staying on til the end of first year on my current university course to hopefully avoid paying tuition fees myself. I’ve already gotten offers in UCAS for a new course at different universities, but I’m not sure how to drop out of my current one. If I need to fill out any forms or anything, I don’t want to do it now as SFE are still due to pay my university later this year, however this is my last week on campus and I’m not sure my tutors will be here in the next few months. Can I just enrol to a different university without telling my current one? Or is there some kind of process I need to follow?

You should have details in your student handbook.

wait until August and let them know you are transferring to another university (let them know the university and course). That way you won’t risk your student finance getting cancelled over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending