The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Transgender studying

I’m a transgender student, I’ve received an offer from the University of Plymouth and I’m thinking of applying there. However, I haven’t changed my name legally yet and I’ve only been referred to as my legal name on all the letters they have sent out. Will I be able to get my name changed on the system and have my preferred name on my student ID?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m a transgender student, I’ve received an offer from the University of Plymouth and I’m thinking of applying there. However, I haven’t changed my name legally yet and I’ve only been referred to as my legal name on all the letters they have sent out. Will I be able to get my name changed on the system and have my preferred name on my student ID?

Hey there!

Congratulations, that's super exciting! What course are you hoping to come and study here?

Yes you can have your preferred name on your student ID!
You will just need to call or email admissions and let them know:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 1752 585858

I hope this helps, and we look forward to possibly seeing you in September 🥳

Bests,
Amelia - University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there! Great to hear you're thinking of studying with us and that your question was answered! :smile:

If you have any questions about the university in general or anything you'd like to know, feel free to reach out!

Best of luck,
-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending