The Student Room Group

Turnitin score

Hi, Just turned my assignment in; Is 41% similarity considered too high? It says 8% student papers and the rest is 1%- it’s mostly my references highlighted. I’m still early so don’t know whether I should try and change things or just leave it submitted 😭.
Thanks .
Reply 1
41 is a bit high and will attract some closer attention, but if you have cited properly etc then it's not misconduct and is perhaps only indicative of a middling, generic essay. If what you say is accurate and it's correctly cited references being picked up, you don't have anything to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
41 is a bit high and will attract some closer attention, but if you have cited properly etc then it's not misconduct and is perhaps only indicative of a middling, generic essay. If what you say is accurate and it's correctly cited references being picked up, you don't have anything to worry about.

Thank youu
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, Just turned my assignment in; Is 41% similarity considered too high? It says 8% student papers and the rest is 1%- it’s mostly my references highlighted. I’m still early so don’t know whether I should try and change things or just leave it submitted 😭.
Thanks .

Hi,

As above, if everything is cited properly it should be fine! I also notice when marking sometimes that people’s similarity scores are higher when a large cohort is all submitting the same assignment (eg if it’s one essay question). For instance, if you’re all describing the same concepts, defining the same terms, even using the same title. This can also be the same across unis, if your assignment is one similar to one set elsewhere.

Like was said above, as long as it’s genuinely all ok and there’s been no misconduct, the marker should be able to see that. :smile:

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending