The Student Room Group

How do people think they got on at Interview

This poll is closed

Do you think you're going to get an offer?

Hell yeah! The Interviewers were gushing at the sight of me!10%
It could go either way/I think I may get pooled36%
No. My interviewers were evil/I messed up.21%
I don't know16%
I'm Trying not to think about it17%
Total votes: 146
Hi Guys

As most people have been interviewed now, I thought it would be interesting to poll whether people think they're going to get in or not after their interviews.

Personally, I would be surprised If I got an offer as my first interview was dire.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
crap crap crap
Reply 2
It's a lottery
Reply 3
very very difficult to say.
felt a mixture between ok and happy after the interview, and could have cried all night after having thought about it and spoken with other applicants
so really dont know :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I've heard that it's quite positive to believe the interview was hard and you could have done better, if you answered the questions at the best you could at the time and actually thought about them, I've heard it means they thought they could challenge you.

But that might have just been ********.
Reply 5
GoldieStocks
Hi Guys

As most people have been interviewed now, I thought it would be interesting to poll whether people think they're going to get in or not after their interviews.

Personally, I would be surprised If I got an offer as my first interview was dire.

What do you think?

I think that the worst judge of how an interview went is the applicant. Best of luck to you though. :smile:
Reply 6
Mine was rather splendid,I have applied to read Maths [Moderator edit: please do not post interview details.]

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 7
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllll!

The D of S was quiet in my first but the fellow just went for me constantly and made me feel like my answers were poor and disagreed with my answering/reasoning throughout. According to the other candidates she didn't even say a word in some of the interviews! However one other girl did say that she was incredibly hard on her too. I don't know if it was because she was trying to test me, was just a feminist view point holder which i didn't agree with - or that she hated me which to be quite honest seemed to be the most obvious. Am actually quite upset has put me off the university all together and put a damper on my entire day. I'm all for being tested but have never felt so inadequate and really hit my confidence- compared to my friends in the sciences who had pleasant experiences I feel I've missed out, although second wasn't too bad.
Reply 8
arghhhh cambridge! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!
Reply 9
I think it was closer to horrifically bad than good.
Reply 10
I had a real mix of feelings. I met some really nice people and really enjoyed the day except for the last interview which I messed up on.

But then again, I'm not going to be absolutely crushed if I don't get an offer because I know I performed quite badly in the interview and it was obvious they didn't really like me. Plus I have an Imperial offer which made me really happy. :biggrin:
Reply 11
I KNOW I could have done better, which is the really annoying thing.

The second one was AWFUL. Really, really bad.

I think the guy interviewing me in that one actually laughed at me.

Fingers crossed I get pooled :no:

But it's looking hugely unlikely!
Reply 12
Mine was okay, the second one better than the first. Its just annoying cos after I came out I thought of so many things I could have said but didn't, and probably could have done better. But you can't say everything I guess.
I actually have no idea whats going to happen, just going to forget about it until January lol.
Reply 13
The first one went alrite, but the second one was just such a pain, I rarely answered any questions by myself when I thought the questions were quite straight and simple, no development at all.

How bad have i done.... well, it's all gone

gd luck to everyone
Reply 14
I feel weird bout it actually. I thought at first that the second went better than the first, but now I think that I felt that only because the interviewers were friendlier.
The truth is, when I finished (and ever since then) the only feeling I had about my interview was: it wasn't bad. I could've probably done better (because I don't think I did splendidly), but I can't see how (except for giving an answer that I suspected was right shutting up and saying I'm not sure it could be any of these things except the thing I suspected and then being told that it was the thing I had thought of in the first place). So, when anyone asks me how I think I did I say I think I did OK, that I can't see how it could have been better, but that I'll probably be pooled or rejected (people get a bit confused).
Reply 15
I had four interviews today, the first three went really well but the fourth one was horrible! My mind just seemed to switch off, it was a maths interview and I made some of the most silliest mistakes that I've probably ever made.

For example, doing 1/56 - 1/24 = 1/32... WTF! :no:

It's so frustrating after having three interviews where you've done the best you possibly could and to finish off with that... aaah :mad:
I took ages to understand my poem and needed loads of prompting. Also I had a major disagreement about Hmalet with my interviewer :s-smilie: Oh no...Plus, my test was solid
Reply 17
My first was pretty good. My second one was so incredibly, unbelievably, fascinatingly disastrous that I was just numb on the train ride back to London. I know people often say that when you think an interview went badly, it could likely mean it was actually good, but since I spoke about 30 words throughout the whole thing, I'm sure it was abominable. My test was also very bad since I was all flustered by then

And I flew all the way to the UK for this. Oh well...
Reply 18
well it's difficult to conclude.. my academic interview's incredibly good but the general one's been a total disaster.. answers were frequently interrupted by the interviewer, I guessed they might be quite stupid.. Orz..
Reply 19
It was awful.

Well, actually, I came out really happy but then realised that all the praise they'd heaped on me had been heaped on every other applicant in equal amounts. Everyone was ridiculously happy about their interview so I guess none of us can really tell.

Also, the test was bad and I feel I missed out on some perfect opportunities to say something interesting. I was thinking it but didn't say it.

Ah, I'm going to beat myself up about it for a while before I get over it.

Latest

Trending

Trending