The Student Room Group

TSR 'Wit' Society

Scroll to see replies

It appears that this society has wilted from lack of constant care...
Wilted like the member of every human being in existence when they first glimpse your mother...
I would have to thank you all for the content of this thread. I now have unequivocal proof that I AM indeed an island in a sea of muppets!
When life gives you lemons, give them back and request oranges instead: they have a more palatable taste, and a zing that's easier to keep under control.

If you are allergic to citrus, be careful.
I always liked:

If life gives you lemons, cut them in half and squeeze them in someones eyes. Why should you suffer alone?
iismoresmartererthanyou
I always liked:

If life gives you lemons, cut them in half and squeeze them in someones eyes. Why should you suffer alone?

If you have the capacity to cut lemons in half, why settle for squeezing?
Beacause i was thinking of suffering in the minor inconvenience sense of the word.

Not in the Reservoir Dogs sense!
Other peoples' lemons tend to be bigger and more zesty than mine.
Then those are the ones to squeeze in your eyes.

(I think I grossed myself out)
It seems that the thread has accrued into a state of inertia.

Pity; for I coveted to acquire membership in a society such as this.
So, folks, what actually goes on in a society such as this?

I'm intrigued - is it just witty banter through and through?
I unleash all my with into normal threads..i should be promoted or something..
BornUnderPunches
So, folks, what actually goes on in a society such as this?

I'm intrigued - is it just witty banter through and through?

What goes on in such a society is indeed nothing less than the utmost perspicacious drollery one shall ever bear witness upon, and I utter this in a most unequivocal manner.
DayOldPorridge
What goes on in such a society is indeed nothing less than the utmost perspicacious drollery one shall ever bear witness upon, and I utter this in a most unequivocal manner.

Are you going to dye your hair ginger and 'pout' for photographs next?

:p:
BornUnderPunches
Are you going to dye your hair ginger and 'pout' for photographs next?

:p:

Maladroitly, I may have no choice but to resort to procurating the celebrious status such that Profesh is in possession of, and proclaim myself as the new, and most exalted ginger-haired potentate.

:biggrin:

Although that would involve hair-dying, yes.
DayOldPorridge
Maladroitly, I may have no choice but to resort to procurating the celebrious status such that Profesh is in possession of, and proclaim myself as the new, and most exalted ginger-haired potentate.

:biggrin:

Although that would involve hair-dying, yes.

Nothing reeks of unoriginality than declaring yourself the new something-or-other.

You must find your own place in TSR's cyber-society, rather than trying (and failing) to become a weak imitation of someone you clearly admire.
I wasn't being serious, and I'd hoped that you'd have recognized that.

Just poking a bit of fun at the magniloquent mannerisms seen on this thread. You're right, perhaps it was unoriginal, but still..

I do wonder what happened to Profesh, though?
Oh, we can all joke, my friend...

Profesh was online earlier. I saw a post by him on something-or-other.
Ah. Yes, but apparently he hasn't checked this thread in a few days.

Haven't I seen you in the Oxford forums before? With the penguin DP? Or maybe that was someone else.

EDIT: Oh, it is you. Quite a shame you're thinking of revoking your application; you should definitely give studying English in Oxford a chance.

Oh, and I know, this discourse appears to have foresaken any sense of witty-ness upon my arrival. A few pages before that, even.
DayOldPorridge
Ah. Yes, but apparently he hasn't checked this thread in a few days.

Haven't I seen you in the Oxford forums before? With the penguin DP? Or maybe that was someone else.

EDIT: Oh, it is you. Quite a shame you're thinking of revoking your application; you should definitely give studying English in Oxford a chance. Oh, and I know, this discourse has lost absolutely all sense of any witty-ness, although I should mention that it demoed almost none to commence with.

Perhaps.

I'm not hard-working enough for Oxford. I don't know what I was thinking of applying there, really.

Anyway, Oxford can't have me - Bristol has my heart...

Quick Reply

Latest