The Student Room Group

Chance of Getting an Interview

does anyone think it would be at all possible to get offered an interview, obviously with AAA predications, but with A* and 10 As at gcse?

because i was really disappointed with my results, and i know that hundreds of people applying have all A*s, but do you think there is any chance, for getting into a subject like psychology/english maybe?

my AS subjects at the moment are english lit, history, geography, further maths and critical thinking

so yeh i was just wondering...

xxxx
chbutterfly
does anyone think it would be at all possible to get offered an interview, obviously with AAA predications, but with A* and 10 As at gcse?

because i was really disappointed with my results, and i know that hundreds of people applying have all A*s, but do you think there is any chance, for getting into a subject like psychology/english maybe?

my AS subjects at the moment are english lit, history, geography, further maths and critical thinking

so yeh i was just wondering...

xxxx

Your GCSEs are better than mine and I was given an interview.
Reply 2
Glutamic Acid
Your GCSEs are better than mine and I was given an interview.

ok, thank you :smile: because i keep being told that i have no chance, and even if that was the case, it wasnt exactly encouraging....

at AS, do you need to get 3 A's ? and also, what if i got 3 A's and say a C in maths?
Reply 3
chbutterfly

at AS, do you need to get 3 A's ? and also, what if i got 3 A's and say a C in maths?

No, I have a mate who applied with AABE and got an interview
chbutterfly
ok, thank you :smile: because i keep being told that i have no chance, and even if that was the case, it wasnt exactly encouraging....

It seems to be that 3 As is the common interview "benchmark" (although naturally I'm unaware of official interview criteria), so I'd guess it's likely you'd receive an interview. Obtaining a C in maths wouldn't look good, but since it's largely unrelated to English and psychology it'll be of lesser importance.
Reply 5
To be honest they give about 95% of applicants interviews. And to all the people after me that post "no it's 9x%," I don't care.

Latest

Trending

Trending