The Student Room Group

Closed: Cambridge offers/rejections thread!

This is place to discuss you offers/rejections. Have you been rejected? Have you been offered a place? Please set out your info. in this way:

Name of College:
Name of Course:
GCSE Grades:
AS/A2 grades:
AS/A2 subjects:
Outcome (i.e. rejection/offer):
Reaction (i.e. pleased/devastated etc):

Well done to all those who got offers! If you got a rejection, don't worry, there are many other places to go to! :smile:
Reply 1
Way to early I think... should at least wait for 2009
Reply 2
You decide to make this thread on christmas day? :s-smilie:...
Reply 3
don't forget, the letters only get sent on the 2nd....
Reply 4
TEZKesquire
don't forget, the letters only get sent on the 2nd....

Apparently, someone in the Med forum (Ben something or other) has a Cambridge medicine offer! :yep:
omgomgomg january second is tooooo far away! that said, i doubt many people are going to get early replies, considering that some people have holidays to go to!

good luck all! (were going to need it!)
Reply 6
the only way i know of for that to be possible is if it's at king's or john's for a choral scholarship? they do their academic interviews in october, and get told then and there....
Reply 7
TEZKesquire
the only way i know of for that to be possible is if it's at king's or john's for a choral scholarship? they do their academic interviews in october, and get told then and there....

It wasn't immediate, I don't believe. They had to wait about a week, but I was still surprised by how soon they find out.
We find out on the 3rd, don't tempt fate!
Reply 9
TEZKesquire

nope, it was emmanuel college and with no scholarship that i'm aware of! he had his interviews in december, btw... :yep:
ADREAM
nope, it was emmanuel college and with no scholarship that i'm aware of! he had his interviews in december, btw... :yep:

ok, i'm officially confused!
Reply 11
jarralisa
You decide to make this thread on christmas day? :s-smilie:...

:rofl:
Reply 12
TEZKesquire
ok, i'm officially confused!

Erm, why?
Reply 13
btw, is it true that some top unis reject you straight away if you have any retakes of modules?? could someone enlighten me on which unis actually do that? thanks in advance
Reply 14
Apparently 2 people earlier posted that they had some offers from Cambridge (one with proof of a scanned photo that later got removed). The thread later got closed because the mods always like to take the credit for the popular threads like offer/rejection ones.
celiaceliacelia
We find out on the 3rd, don't tempt fate!

Do we all find out then? My interviewer said he didn't have a clue: i've been under the impression that i'm waiting for ages.
Reply 16
I've already closed one of these. I'll make a proper one when the letters start arriving. Till then, please just stick to the applicants chat thread etc!

Latest

Trending

Trending