The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Mathematics & Physics...but where is the STEP/AEA??

Hi all, I recently got an offer from Warwick for Mathematics & Physics, but the conditions to my offer mentioned nothing about having to take an AEA/Step paper for Maths. I went to the open day a while back and had to listen to an hour long lecture on how "most of us will get offers but WON'T pass our Step/AEA papers SO won't get in", so I'm just wondering if this means I have to pass one of these papers and its just an understatement in my offer, or maybe i don't have to at all and if so why? :confused: :confused:
Please Help :o:
Reply 1
Well as far as I know a MORSE also doesn't require it because it's run by a different department (stats I think) so I guess maybe yours is also. Just a guess :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It isn't part of the Maths and Physics offer.
The offer looks to be AAA in maths, physics, and other, or AAB in maths, physics and further maths. So no STEP is required. You may of been mixed in with some math students or something.
Bit harsh of them to say most people won't pass STEP/AEA, though they do need to reduce numbers, in some of the more populated lectures we had people sitting on the stairs!
Reply 4
You definitely don't need either STEP or AEA to get into MathPhys.
Reply 5
So basically its because the offer was handed out by the physics department and not the mathematics?
Good news then i guess, thanks for the help :biggrin:
I remember being extremely scared when i got told that most of us wouldn't make it :eek:
It's because MathsPhys is a doss degree.
Might be a good idea to do STEP anyway though- I've found it quite helpful.
Reply 7
estel
You definitely don't need either STEP or AEA to get into MathPhys.

Hey i see you are currently doing MathPhys at Warwick, how are you finding it? :biggrin:

Latest