firstly LSE isnt a business school..
and LBS is very very good.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Aston!!
Reply 3
Aston FTMFW (If I don't get in then this is not true)
Reply 4
I agree Aston :biggrin:
Reply 5
Abercrombie&Fitch
firstly LSE isnt a business school..
and LBS is very very good.

What's the difference?
Does a business school offer only Masters but not bacherlor degrees?
Reply 6
Im saying Aston after LSE and CASS because they offer great graduate prospects and great courses related to Maths,Business,Economics,Finance etc and the Alex guy out of last years Apprentice went there :P
Reply 7
Basically you will not be able to get into LBS, unless it is for the new MSc Management program (which started this year so quality is questionable, but if you want the prestige and dont mind paying the massive fees you can go for it).

LSE is not really a business school... I assume you're talking about the TRIUM executive MBA. If thats what you had in mind then place emphasis on the second word of the degree program.
LSE is not a business school unless you refer to the TRIUM MBA (which, as a student correctly said, is for executives. You probably are not, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for info here)
Reply 9
The Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania
Harvard Business School
The Graduate School of Business - Stanford
Reply 10
ysbera
The Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania
Harvard Business School
The Graduate School of Business - Stanford

agreed! :biggrin:
As stated above, LSE is not a business school per se. the only option that is a true business course is the masters. Having said that though, Oxford leads the 'league tables' for business, (though these tables are a load of ****) but it is an EAM course, the only reason it is there is because it is not l100 economics. same for warwick business school, which is pretty maths heavy for a business course..........

It is a very subjective decision to make.

For example, the e-marketing lecture I am in at the moment looks rather interesting, and is a module not offered in some courses. :colone:
what about IMD?
lodzinski
As stated above, LSE is not a business school per se. the only option that is a true business course is the masters. Having said that though, Oxford leads the 'league tables' for business, (though these tables are a load of ****) but it is an EAM course, the only reason it is there is because it is not l100 economics. same for warwick business school, which is pretty maths heavy for a business course..........

It is a very subjective decision to make.

For example, the e-marketing lecture I am in at the moment looks rather interesting, and is a module not offered in some courses. :colone:

:s-smilie: :s-smilie: Oxford only does Econ and Management in this field which I wouldn't even classify as a business degree due to the heavy economics content. In my opinion WBS taken as a business school would own nearly all of the other unis' business schools apart from probably LSE. I am not sure though, LSE's education style is not for everyone (the heavy emphasis on individual study).
The Dark Side
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: Oxford only does Econ and Management in this field which I wouldn't even classify as a business degree due to the heavy economics content. In my opinion WBS taken as a business school would own nearly all of the other unis' business schools apart from probably LSE. I am not sure though, LSE's education style is not for everyone (the heavy emphasis on individual study).

hence my saying 'it is an eam course, only reason it is classed as business is because it is not l100 econ'
lodzinski
hence my saying 'it is an eam course, only reason it is classed as business is because it is not l100 econ'

Okay but still its not in the same category as WBS, which is a "proper" business school.
if you like your maths it is :wink:
Reply 17
LSE is definitely not a business school.

Furthermore, you will see the context of the Warwick bachelors degree (for example) is very different to that of LSE. Business schools teach you to be a manager, the LSE teaches you study organisations as a social scientist.
RJA
LSE is definitely not a business school.

Furthermore, you will see the context of the Warwick bachelors degree (for example) is very different to that of LSE. Business schools teach you to be a manager, the LSE teaches you study organisations as a social scientist.

I disagree partly. My course for example can prepare a person very well for a manager role. You are taught a wide variety of skills.
The Dark Side
I disagree partly. My course for example can prepare a person very well for a manager role. You are taught a wide variety of skills.

What course are you in, TDS ?

Latest

Trending

Trending