The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
A week or so ago I filled in my bank details on the Student Finance form and sent it back via post, as well as updating the details online (I don't trust them not to lose / mess up my details so I send everything online *and* by post)... will I get a letter saying when the details have been acknowledged? How long should it take?
Corky_LFC
I've got a declaration which is coming in the post, which is only going to give me the basic funding.

When I spoke to SF yesterday they told me that they would process my application fully once they have got round to my mum's p60. (She sent her p60 off 3 weeks ago now and it is now being redirected apparently to its final destination...Glasgow?)

With this in mind do I sign the declaration that they have sent me so I have some funding in place in September, then wait for them to give me what I'am due fully?

Does anyone know how long it takes. They have already sorted my stepdad's out....

Another question, when I log onto my account I can no longer access the "Ask A Question" part, it seems to have dissappeared.....Does anyone know how you get this back...I find its much more useful to get accurate information out of them this way rather than on the phone

Yeh exactly the same boat. I've begrudgingly signed and sent back the declaration, its abit annoying having to sign for something unsure of how much your exactly entitled to, but this way you can be sure you'll have something come September. I did this on the advice recieved by a student finance advisor. They said at the time (2 weeks back) that they had just started assessing May applications, so could be quite a while yet.

The Ask A Question link has been seemingly removed from the site probably due to the high influx of questions being sent, keep checking though because it does re-appear now and then.
I signed the declaration form and sent it off over 2 weeks ago. Just looked at my account though and on the correspondance thing it says they've sent me another one to sign coz they haven't received one yet... wtf?!
Reply 983
mikeymike24
Yeh exactly the same boat. I've begrudgingly signed and sent back the declaration, its abit annoying having to sign for something unsure of how much your exactly entitled to, but this way you can be sure you'll have something come September. I did this on the advice recieved by a student finance advisor. They said at the time (2 weeks back) that they had just started assessing May applications, so could be quite a while yet.

The Ask A Question link has been seemingly removed from the site probably due to the high influx of questions being sent, keep checking though because it does re-appear now and then.

I've had some good news today though, they've gave my mum a notification that they have received her evidence thankfully so now its a question of time.

I've been told when I did ask them a question that they would reassess it when they get my mum's evidence in then assess it again.

I just hope they've took note of the 15%!
YES! They've sent me the means tested declaration, finally! £3225 tuition fee loan, £3497 maintenance loan, and £2906 maintenance grant! :woo:

I was wondering though, has anyone else sent the notification with the figures with their declaration, just so they know which one you're replying to?
Reply 985
does anyone know roughly how long i'll be waiting for the final assessment if I recieved my parents evidence back last week?
kaytee.
does anyone know roughly how long i'll be waiting for the final assessment if I recieved my parents evidence back last week?

Mine came back about 10 days ago, and I got my final assessment this morning. :yes:
Reply 987
lnjames
Mine came back about 10 days ago, and I got my final assessment this morning. :yes:

hopefully it'll be here soon then :smile:
My Parents received the paper form where they write the income they recieve, and in Section 3: Dependents, do they have to write in any Child Depedents including me (the student) and my sisters income, when we all don't work ?

Also do my parents write my name as the child dependent going to university for year 2009/2010 (section 3, part B)?
Reply 989
TheNihilist
My Parents received the paper form where they write the income they recieve, and in Section 3: Dependents, do they have to write in any Child Depedents including me (the student) and my sisters income, when we all don't work ?

Also do my parents write my name as the child dependent going to university for year 2009/2010 (section 3, part B)?

i dont think you write your name down as a Dependent Child cos you're 18+ so they stop getting money for you now. Same goes to your sister, depending on here age.

i dont actually know if thats right tho, i just assume payments stopped at the age of 18
Reply 990
on the 23rd of July my online account updated and said i'd been assesed. it's now the 29th and i still havent had the agreement in the post. reckon it's got lost? :/
Reply 991
Amiles
And does anyone have the helpline number?

0141 306 2000
Reply 992
Flossy_
on the 23rd of July my online account updated and said i'd been assesed. it's now the 29th and i still havent had the agreement in the post. reckon it's got lost? :/

Have you checked the 'Correspondence' section of your account? It will tell you if there is something on its way to you in the post, even if you haven't received it yet :smile:
Reply 993
AmyJ
Have you checked the 'Correspondence' section of your account? It will tell you if there is something on its way to you in the post, even if you haven't received it yet :smile:

that's the thing, the Correspondence section says the letter was sent out on the 23rd, when i dont even have it yet :frown:
Reply 994
They have to scan in or something before sending it to you. :s-smilie:
Flossy_
that's the thing, the Correspondence section says the letter was sent out on the 23rd, when i dont even have it yet :frown:

Their letters always seem to take about a week and a half to arrive, dunno why. They've also sent me another declaration form to sign, even though I signed the first and sent it back, but I've not received it yet. They're so slow!
Flossy_
i dont think you write your name down as a Dependent Child cos you're 18+ so they stop getting money for you now. Same goes to your sister, depending on here age.

i dont actually know if thats right tho, i just assume payments stopped at the age of 18

My sisters are aged 15 and 16, and they both don't won't, so do my parents right in that section £0 for each of them?

Also, do my parents right my name in the Higher Education part of section 3?
I applied in mid June... I received back my birth certificate about two and a half weeks after with a letter telling me that I shall receive my p60 once my application has been processed...

so... I'm still waiting here... logging on every day or so... with a screen saying they are still 'awaiting my documents'.

Confused boarding onto utter panic now.

Do they really take this long to update their website.

I've called a while back and they said I should wait four weeks- I'm sure that it's coming up for five weeks now since I called.

Will I ever receive a penny ?

Help:confused: :s-smilie:
Reply 998
reddevilleanne
Their letters always seem to take about a week and a half to arrive, dunno why. They've also sent me another declaration form to sign, even though I signed the first and sent it back, but I've not received it yet. They're so slow!

hmmm, im just tired of them messing up so much. it's so frustrating!
Reply 999
TheNihilist
My sisters are aged 15 and 16, and they both don't won't, so do my parents right in that section £0 for each of them?

Also, do my parents right my name in the Higher Education part of section 3?

yeh put 0 for them if they dont earn anything. even if your sister has a part time job, it doesnt contribute to the family income at the end of the day so you dont have to write it down.

and i dont know about section 3. what does it say fully?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending