The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

To anyone who's wondering, I just gave them a call and the nice Scottish lady said that they've processed everything up to the 15th of June.

Which is a bit of a bugger if, say, one got one's application in in the middle of July.
Major Spoiler
To anyone who's wondering, I just gave them a call and the nice Scottish lady said that they've processed everything up to the 15th of June.

Which is a bit of a bugger if, say, one got one's application in in the middle of July.

Especially if you still haven't applied :thumbsdown:
Can I do my main application online and then post off a paper form with additional details?

I have to fill in a Current Year Income form because theres been a drop in my parent's income. The form only comes as a pdf. though so I can't put it with my main online application
Reply 1183
I did it online, now i've got to do it by paper, they rang me the other day.

What do unis do when your student finace hasnt come through yet?
Cardozo

The uni and student finance are separate bodies. You'll still be charged by the uni at the same time, thats why its important to get financed before term begins
Cardozo
I was worried about something similar - my tuition fee request form hadn't been processed. I phoned up, and was told that unis don't actually recieve the tuition fees until February. Was also told that you could just tell them that you HAVE applied [when you go for registration/enrollment at the university], but are waiting to be processed :smile:

As for living costs, I guess you'll have to live off an overdraft? Parental help? Idk :tongue:

-

My question - if you're status is approved, and you've got the right loan/grant amounts in the last notification letter, AND a Payment Schedule Letter (can't open says "unable to retrieve the document you requested" ¬_¬) does that mean you're pretty much done?
Reply 1186
i got a letter saying they are awaiting a student signature from the declaration they sent me (which was like everyone else, a non-income assessed one, however i still signed it and sent it off) Does this mean it's got lost in the post or something? I did it about 2/3 weeks ago now
Flossy_
i got a letter saying they are awaiting a student signature from the declaration they sent me (which was like everyone else, a non-income assessed one, however i still signed it and sent it off) Does this mean it's got lost in the post or something? I did it about 2/3 weeks ago now
Probably just the backlog of post to be honest. Aren't they still like 7/8 weeks (or something) behind? Phone up if you're really worried, but if it's not sorted in a couple of weeks I'd definitely ring up/send another signature form :smile:
Flossy_

Check online to see if your application is still labelled as "Approved - Awaiting Signature"
If so, give them a call as soon as possible (tomorrow morning) and speak to an advisor; asking them to confirm your application status. Ask them to send another declaration form out immediately, and send it back as a recorded/special delivery.

Spoiler

oh dear lord now im scared, i only sent my online form off about 3 weeks ago and my other half did his last week, posted off additional documents etc but am i going to have to wait until after iv started uni?!
x
Has anyone received any news / notifications / approvals on the maintenance grant yet?
are we supposed to get a payment schedule, even if we're still waiting to be income-assessed?

i got mine through in the post the other day and assumed they'll send another one once they re-assess me, but just wanted to make sure.
Reply 1192
raisin.
are we supposed to get a payment schedule, even if we're still waiting to be income-assessed?

i got mine through in the post the other day and assumed they'll send another one once they re-assess me, but just wanted to make sure.

I was just wondering that as well.
I sent the evidence off about 2 months ago and it still hasn't been income assessed yet.
I'm studying in a London uni and I'm staying at home. Could I still recieve a Maintenance Grant without a Maintenance Loan?
Reply 1194
CrazyChris
Check online to see if your application is still labelled as "Approved - Awaiting Signature"
If so, give them a call as soon as possible (tomorrow morning) and speak to an advisor; asking them to confirm your application status. Ask them to send another declaration form out immediately, and send it back as a recorded/special delivery.

Spoiler

Yes it stil says 'Apprived-Awaiting Signature'.

They've sent me another non-income assesed declaration to sign which will be in the post tomorrow. Have no idea what happened to the one I sent 4 weeks ago then. Bad times :frown:
Can anyone help?

Basically I'm going to Uni next month, but have had serious problems with Student Finance throughout - they kept losing details/etc.

Anyway, getting quite close to when I direly need cash, and I'm having to re-do alot again.

I'm now up to "Support an Application", but it keeps insisting either my date of birth or Student Alias ID are wrong when I try to get past the first part (they definitely aren't).

I'm really not sure what to do now so any help would be massively appreciated.

Looks like it'll be ANOTHER call to them tomorrow morning :frown: Not that they've helped much so far anyway...
Reply 1196
hey guys,
this may be a stupid question, but as i got into my insurance and not my firm i'll now be living in london, i'm sending off the change of circumstances form but i wouldnt put it past them not to notice it was in london or something lol!

will they change the loans/grants automatically? or do i have to ask?

also my tuition fees have changed from 3225 to 2900, so do i have to get them to change that too or will they gather that from the forms? :confused:
Thought I would just say, Ive been waiting since February and have finally been income assessed. Im just waiting for a new notification letter to come through.
I sent my signature form off the other week by recorded delivery; it got there on the 14th August. My status hasn't changed yet. :colonhash: Any idea how long it usually takes or should I ring them up? :colonhash:

I also sent off proof of income twice sometime in June, both times by Special Delivery, and I haven't been income assessed yet (and they lost the one I sent in March/April). :colonhash: Any idea how long that will take? :colonhash:
Reply 1199
Hi,

I applied for student finance a few weeks ago via the paper form method and since a couple of things have been bugging me I'd just like to ask.

When asked for the customer reference I didn't have one..or so I thought, as previously I had decided to apply online and so opened an account. So instead of leaving it blank I went online and took my customer ID from that assuming the two would be linked, was this OK?

Secondly should I have received any conformation of receipt of the application? What's the normal time period to hear back?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending