The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
JESSHOLMES
I sent off evidence of my parents income and my status changed to "assessed". When I clicked for more details it said my application was being assessed but that is was still to be completed. When I logged on again today, my status had changed to "approved" and when I clicked on "assessment sumary" it said my application had been "non means tested". What does this mean? They've obviously not assessed my application because nothing has changed (I should be entitles to the full maintenance grant) so why has my status changed from being assessed to approved? Does this mean they're not going to assess me?

they've done this to everyone. everyone is being non-income assessed until they find the time to assess everyone properly, because of the massive backlog they have to get through. honestly, by the looks of it, not many people will actually be income assessed by the time uni starts
If you non-means tested will it go along a lot quicker then?
Reply 1382
My parents recieved CB2 forms today lol, no chance of getting the grant around the time uni starts.
anyone know whereabouts they're up to in terms of the evidence backlog?

i know they were still processing stuff from the last week of june a couple of weeks ago, but wondered if they've got any further. my last bit was sent in the third week of july so i've got my fingers crossed that they'll get to it soon but i won't hold my breath. :smile:
Can someone clear up how long after getting my student card, that the loan will be paid to me? I've put down the day of my registration, but I doubt it's instantaneous... (Instant isn't in the SF vocabulary :smile: )
raisin.
anyone know whereabouts they're up to in terms of the evidence backlog?

i know they were still processing stuff from the last week of june a couple of weeks ago, but wondered if they've got any further. my last bit was sent in the third week of july so i've got my fingers crossed that they'll get to it soon but i won't hold my breath. :smile:

Someone told me that they've just started on July, and we worked out in another thread that they're doing roughly one day's applications per working day. So, sadly, unless they pick up quickly, you and I are both looking at a 3 week wait just to hear anything.
Major Spoiler
Someone told me that they've just started on July, and we worked out in another thread that they're doing roughly one day's applications per working day. So, sadly, unless they pick up quickly, you and I are both looking at a 3 week wait just to hear anything.

ahh that sucks, thanks for replying though :smile:

i actually leave for uni three weeks today; how ironic. to be honest i didn't get my hopes up about hearing anything more before starting though, so as long as it's done by the end of october i'm happy.
Major Spoiler

If they've just started on July they've completely forgotten about me.

I'm so angry with them :mad: I know it's partly my fault that I haven't called but I just kept thinking that it would be sorted out. And now I've finally admitted that I need to contact them no one can actually get through. All my online account says is that my application is being assessed and that they've received my application form (they don't even seem to think they have my loan request form...which was attached to the application form). I've received no contact by email and all I got in the post was my customer service number.

My parents' accounts for supporting my application say they haven't sent in anything and don't connect them to me (apparently they should have received an ALIAS ID or something? Nope. I only sent their stuff because I couldn't figure out on the paper form how to only apply for non means tested). Also it lists their first names as their surname and their surname as their first names (i.e. they think my mum's name is "Smith Jane" and my dad's "Smith John"...what a coincidence, they both have the same first name). They're all absolute idiots.
Major Spoiler

What's this for? Sponsers documents?
JESSHOLMES
What's this for? Sponsers documents?

Fairly sure it's all applications, they're just handling whatever was sent to them on that date.
Major Spoiler
Fairly sure it's all applications, they're just handling whatever was sent to them on that date.

Ohh. I've done my application and it's been approved but I didn't send off my parents details so my application could be assessed based on household income until late July/early August. I sent it with my change of circumstances form which has but my sponsers details have not been updated. I'm worried. Do you know why they'd leave that until after my updating my change of cirucumstances and how long until I will be assessed?
fudgestix
Can someone clear up how long after getting my student card, that the loan will be paid to me? I've put down the day of my registration, but I doubt it's instantaneous... (Instant isn't in the SF vocabulary :smile: )

You shall receive a paymet schedule from SF; perhaps log in online and press 'Correspondance' to view any letters they have sent you that have'n't yet arrived; it may be there. It's also viewable on the 'Payments' tab if they have set a paymet schedule.

The dates I've been given are the 21st September, 4th January and 12th April, though the dates may vary between Universities due to start dates.

My dates are as follows
21st - 27th: Enrolment Week
28th -> Uni Term Starts

So, I'm presuming that for most places it's either from enrolment week, or 1 week before the actual term starts; though this is a broad assumption based on 1 piece of data!
n0c0ntr0l
If you non-means tested will it go along a lot quicker then?

No and yes!
The last I was aware, they are processing every application as non-means tested to start with; to try and ensure most applicants have funding in place before the start of university. They will then go through and do the means-tested part for those with a means-tested application; and once processed, payment schedules will be adjusted accordingly.

So; if you're non-means tested, your application will be fully completed quicker tha if means-tested; but those who are means tested will have their non-tested part at the same time as if their application was non-means tested.

I hope i've not over-complicated that explanation!

C.
I have just spoke to girl from Student Finance England and she said she straightforwardly that she had no idea when my application would be approved :frown: Ahh,ive completely lost my hope to get it on time :mad: :frown:
Oh thats great, I tried to call up Student Finance via that 0141 number but it's been made out of use now (Y) How great. Calling the 0845 number is like asking a mute whether they liked big brother this year. All you'll get is a foul facial expression... though that's probably more than you'd get calling 0845 actually.

I've heard that CoC forms take about 6 weeks, then I've heard 8 weeks, so whats the definete time? :s-smilie:
RYANinCLOTHES
Oh thats great, I tried to call up Student Finance via that 0141 number but it's been made out of use now (Y) How great. Calling the 0845 number is like asking a mute whether they liked big brother this year. All you'll get is a foul facial expression... though that's probably more than you'd get calling 0845 actually.

I've heard that CoC forms take about 6 weeks, then I've heard 8 weeks, so whats the definete time? :s-smilie:

I rang the 0141 this morning with no problems..
The 0845 number is the same as the 0141 number.
The 0845 number is a local rate number which SLC pay a subscription for to make it cheaper for us, the consumer, to call them.
The 0845 number is a screne for the 0141 number. i.e. the 0845 number routes to the 0141 number.
So the 0845 is the SAME as the 0141 geographic number.

It's only in cases where your telephone contract says "INCLUSIVE CALLS TO 01, 02 AND 03 NUMBERS EVENINGS/WEEKENDS" where you should directly ring the 0141 number.
In most cases it will be cheaper to ring the 0845 number.
0141 243 3929? Try it again, I just got told it's out of use.
RYANinCLOTHES

Oh those b******s!!! You're right.
RYANinCLOTHES

:confused: But I and many of us on here spoke to SFE people using it last week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending