maths C
english A
english lit A
science double award B
spanish B
media studies B
history B
geography B

And i dont really have any inkling as to what i would like to pursue after school, i would like to attend college and university but i dont really know what career im interested in, i know i should talk to a careers advisor but i want to find out what sort of careers i could go into with my grades that are worthwhile.
i am interested in a helping people kind of job because im good at sorting peoples problems out and listening to people and im outgoing and approachable and find it easy to talk to people.
But dont even suggest social services coz thats not my scene!
I was just hoping to hear from people in different careers that could say why going into that jobs good or not!and hearing what other people want to do and why!
thank
kimx
Reply 1
Psychiatrist?
They just sit and nod their head and listen to people's problems. You'd do very well in america.
Reply 2
G4ry
Psychiatrist?
They just sit and nod their head and listen to people's problems. You'd do very well in america.

get your medical degree first then
Reply 3
are you a pshychiatrist then? i cant spell the goddam thing?
kimx
Reply 4
DanMushMan
get your medical degree first then

Or you could become a psychologist then you don't need a medical degree.
Reply 5
Unregistered
are you a pshychiatrist then?

lol, no i'm not a psychiatrist, i am but a poorly student on a gap year. But, a psychiatrist does match the description fo what you said you wanted to do: listen to people's problems, helping people. It sounds good.
don't worry i'm sure there are lots of people your age who are unsure what to do after school - i know i definately didn't. the only advice i could really give you is not to let it worry you and focus on your GCSE's for now. during your time left in school your skills will develop further and this will provide you with a greater insight into what you're good at and therefore what to do next. also, talkin from experience - predicted grades don't mean a thing and you could be pleasanlty surprised by doing much better than you anticipated in a particular subject and this could inspire you to pursue it further.

in regards to career aspirations - i think this is something you will really have to consider yourself. personally, i'm money motivated and have chosen a career path which should make me lotsa money!! everyone tells me this is silly and that i should do something which i will enjoy doing and not just think about money - but hey, its whatever makes you happy, and spending large sums of money certainly makes me happy!! (so call me shallow!!)

i think you should take your own advice and make an appointment with a career advisor, they'll know what they're talkin about (much unlike moi) and will help you through the next stages of your education.

xxx
Reply 7
i know but i need to apply to colleges now so i need to have an idea but thanx 4 da advice!
i am very much money orientated as well so its the best of both worlds i want good money a fulfilling job that i look forward to each day but a worthy job so people dont think im just taking mickey courses!
Reply 8
g4ry why are you on a gap year then what did you do before?how old are you?
do you enjoy english? cos on the basis of your estimated grades it seems to be your strongest subject. if so it might be worth takin english a level. it is accepted for almost any subject at degree level and is very well respected by universities.
Reply 10
hey prada, it me ive just signed up!
i am definitly going to take english a level but i need something else to go wiht it like a btec in something!
can i just ask what you took or what job you are in?
i've completed a level english lit and am studyin a levels in maths, business studies, computing, media studies & general studies with as level critical thinking.

i've applied for various economics related degrees and hope to become an investment analyst- or work somewhere in the financial market.
Reply 12
Unregistered
i have recieved my predicted grades for next year which are the following:
maths C
english A
english lit A
science double award B
spanish B
media studies B
history B
geography B

And i dont really have any inkling as to what i would like to pursue after school, i would like to attend college and university but i dont really know what career im interested in, i know i should talk to a careers advisor but i want to find out what sort of careers i could go into with my grades that are worthwhile.
i am interested in a helping people kind of job because im good at sorting peoples problems out and listening to people and im outgoing and approachable and find it easy to talk to people.
I was just hoping to hear from people in different careers that could say why going into that jobs good or not!and hearing what other people want to do and why!
thank
kimx

Join the army.
Reply 13
Unregistered
i have recieved my predicted grades for next year which are the following:
maths C
english A
english lit A
science double award B
spanish B
media studies B
history B
geography B

thank
kimx

You say you would like a job where youre helping people but also want to make money. Problem is that in most of the 'caring' jobs, and Im including things like teaching and medical stuff (apart from doctors), not just social work, the money isnt that great unless you get promoted. So you need to think about how much money youd need to be satisfied, just comfortable or rich?
Like someone else said you seem to be best at English but youll have to think about which subjects you enjoy and find easiest to work at to go with it. If youre tempted to go in for something medical , and there are a lot of caring jobs available, like physiotherapy, speech therapy, radiography etc, its probably best to carry on with some science, especially biology (though for speech therapy I think they like you to have a foreighn language too). As you want to work with people you could also think about what age group and type of people you would like to be involved with eg children, old people, mothers and young children, disabled people, families (housing advice for example), also do you want the kind of work where your contact with people is quite brief (like a GP) or where you form a relationship (like a primary school teacher)? For all the caring jobs its useful to get some work experience so if you decide on this you should try to get involved in something relevant while youre doing A levels (work with kids for example).

Latest

Trending

Trending