The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

but i do stalk some people.
Sometimes, depends if it's a friend-of-a-friend person who I happen to say the odd word to.
But I have people in the lower years of the school adding me. G-d, it's annoying.
Facebook got rid of the how do you know them like a year ago didn't they, I've not filled that in for ages.
Na, never saw the point in it. And I don't bother accepting the ones that try doing it to me, so against most people, I have a comparatively low friend count.
Reply 44
there's people in your year you've never spoken too :s-smilie:
I used to speak to most people in my year.

But in any case, I add people in my year even if I didn't speak to them. Not because I'm insecure with the number of real-life friends I have, but because it's nice to be able to just see what everyone's up to. It's like, everyone from your year is in a communal place again, which is quite a nice feeling.

It's not only about talking to people directly, but also seeing what people are saying to each other. Not in the "stalker" sense, but in the same way that you would overhear conversations at school, and there would just generally be some unity with everyone.
Reply 46
I add people who I actually like, but if someone I know sends me an invite ill accept it.
Reply 47
Nope,People add me..
Even my mum's friends add me,
Facebook is just one big randomness :smile:
Reply 48
~Viola~
Yes, I like to see what they're up to now.

This. :cool:
chairboy1
there's people in your year you've never spoken too :s-smilie:

This is what i was thinking.
I spoke to everyone in my year at least once, apart from maybe a group of about 5-10 girls and they're like the only ones I don't have.
Reply 51
haha yes ive had so many random school people add me. i guess i was considerd a bit of a shy geeky girl at school, and didnt have many friends, and yet now 3 years later there all adding me - ive never spoken 2 them in my life! Its simply just so they can nose at your photos/comments and add to there friends list. sad really
Reply 52
do you add people on facebook who were in your year but you never spoke to

yes
Everyone I have on Facebook I have spoken too. I have most of my school year but did speak to most of them, even if it was just a casual hello every time I saw them. I do also accept friend requests from people I don't know too well e.g. people from other year but I don't see the harm in it.

What I hate is when people have literally thousands of friends on Facebook; they can't possibly have been acquainted at some point with all of them, they just add them because they're in their extended network.
i used to.. until a week ago when i decided to have a mega purge of all the people i know i'll never talk to anyway. :yep: Felt good.
No, what would be the point? I don't use my Facebook anyway, to the infuriation of all my friends.
QuantumTheory
No, but they keep on adding me >_<

Ditto
Last year (I was 24) and suddenly dozens of people are adding me who I hadn't seen since I was 16. Was weird as hell because most of them look totally different and are married with kids. Even my RE teacher/tutor added me from secondary school.

I accept most people I've met offline but tend to click "show less about them" if they never talk. I would love to purge about 50 people from a university society I'm in who are only sociable during society events but then it would just be awkward when I see them. I figure when I finish university a lot of people will be vanishing from my friend list.

I've kept my MySpace no higher than 50 for four years, yet my FaceBook creeped over 200 last week. Sad times. I'm sure it will be back under when I delete all the internet people who keep adding me, talking for a week and disappearing. I have a far lower tolerance level for that with people I've never met. Probably had over 1000 different people on my MySpace over the years despite never going over 50 at any point. I don't mind internet people adding me but if they don't wish to get to know me why bother?
Nah I left school a year ago, and actually deleted quite a few of the people in my year from school on Facebook, simply because I might not have spoken to them very often/have no desire to in the future. It's pointless having people on there you don't communicate with.
Reply 59
i accept the people that add me from my year from high school, except the pure b!tches that were there.
also when people that were in the year below or the year below that add me, i dont accept either, i dont know them, and frankly i dont like them :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending