The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Democracy
Dunno what sort you had (or maybe they're all uniform?), the one in ENT wasn't bad though or particularly greasy on the occasion I sampled it.

the moisturisers? i dont know what its called..never have the time to check unfortunately, however if your on about the thermometers, its the braun one
Reply 21
sure, some people drink methylated spirits. you can get high from just sniffing it, imagine what it does to your insides.
Reply 22
anna_spanner89
the moisturisers? i dont know what its called..never have the time to check unfortunately, however if your on about the thermometers, its the braun one

No, I meant the moisturiser :tongue:
We use Trixo-lind moisturiser. It's goooood.
Reply 24
seen someone so drank 4 bottles of the stuff and was completely mashed
Reply 25
Daveo
seen someone so drank 4 bottles of the stuff and was completely mashed

Must have been one hell of a hangover...
NoHands
sure, some people drink methylated spirits. you can get high from just sniffing it, imagine what it does to your insides.

i see

:beard::holmes:
junglemonkey
We use Trixo-lind moisturiser. It's goooood.

i recognise the name..think we use their handwash too...!

i'd seriously reccomend the body shop hemp handcream, it's amazing, smells lush and doesn't leave your hands at all greasy, plus a good bargain, good for male medics too as its not a girly smell!

My charge nurse on the last ward i was on clinics with lent me some, and i've never looked back!
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_ShopByLine&CatCode=C_ShopByLine_Hemp&prdcode=24243m
Reply 28
A friend I was visiting in hospital once dared me to eat some, it tastes like complete crap :<
Reply 29
jules9000
A friend I was visiting in hospital once dared me to eat some, it tastes like complete crap :<

Carry on like this and you'll get a Darwin Award...:tongue:
Reply 30
anna_spanner89
i see

:beard::holmes:

we use it in school for chemistry and stuff, some practical joker decided it would be funny to put some (loads actually) on a tissue and cover someones face with it. the guy practically choked to death and was gagging for like 10 minutes, however after that it was pretty obvious he was in the clouds... the guy in question got suspended for a month... lol
NoHands
we use it in school for chemistry and stuff, some practical joker decided it would be funny to put some (loads actually) on a tissue and cover someones face with it. the guy practically choked to death and was gagging for like 10 minutes, however after that it was pretty obvious he was in the clouds... the guy in question got suspended for a month... lol

*eyes up her own collection*...i dont think its worth trying, is there?? im broke and have no alcohol...
Reply 32
NoHands

Times like this I miss school :frown:
anna_spanner89
i recognise the name..think we use their handwash too...!

i'd seriously reccomend the body shop hemp handcream, it's amazing, smells lush and doesn't leave your hands at all greasy, plus a good bargain, good for male medics too as its not a girly smell!

My charge nurse on the last ward i was on clinics with lent me some, and i've never looked back!
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_ShopByLine&CatCode=C_ShopByLine_Hemp&prdcode=24243m

I'm actually going to the shops tonight and I'm seriously tempted to pick this up. Doesn't seem too expensive! I have permanent red gloves on my hands, it's mental. I have super strength stuff from the doctors cause they bleed a lot but you can only apply it at night cause it's so greasy.

I'm too skin to go into the body shop :tongue: I'm gonna come out with loads of stuff!!
Reply 34
anna_spanner89
*eyes up her own collection*...i dont think its worth trying, is there?? im broke and have no alcohol...

if you want too... although its pretty damned strong. theres actually so much crap you can get a kick from in school. take 10m hcl for example. sniff that and the back of your head will go on fire (trusts me, i did accidentally) but then your on cloud 9 for an hour or so..
junglemonkey
I'm actually going to the shops tonight and I'm seriously tempted to pick this up. Doesn't seem too expensive! I have permanent red gloves on my hands, it's mental. I have super strength stuff from the doctors cause they bleed a lot but you can only apply it at night cause it's so greasy.

I'm too skin to go into the body shop :tongue: I'm gonna come out with loads of stuff!!

if it makes you feel even better a tube lasts forever, you only need a pea size amount for both hands and it works amazingly, i have the hemp foot range too, as my feet have gone so down hill since ive been doing clinical days, its ridiculous- i'd fully reccomend it, their face protector is amazing too if you have dry skin on the face, totally changed my life!

get it and see what you think!
Reply 36
Democracy
Carry on like this and you'll get a Darwin Award...:tongue:

lol :biggrin:

I only did it because he was sick xD
anna_spanner89
if it makes you feel even better a tube lasts forever, you only need a pea size amount for both hands and it works amazingly, i have the hemp foot range too, as my feet have gone so down hill since ive been doing clinical days, its ridiculous- i'd fully reccomend it, their face protector is amazing too if you have dry skin on the face, totally changed my life!

get it and see what you think!

Great :mad: now I'm buying the full range :tongue:
Reply 38
Democracy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7920576.stm

There's an interesting way to make a Screwdriver....

Such an old story! They're in cages at The London to stop them being removed by the local EtOH dependents... I've walked past the usual suspects by the war memorial with green bottles a plenty on more than one occasion!
junglemonkey
Great :mad: now I'm buying the full range :tongue:

tell us what you think

someone should do an 'essential list for working in the nhs' thread

:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending