The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a pot in my room full of them. Must be about 4 or 5 pounds worth.
When I buy things, I make sure I end up using some, so as not to be 'clogged up' with them.
Reply 3
give them to your mother
Reply 4
Save them in a empty glass jar.

5p's as well, since the washing machines don't take them [so annoying].
Reply 5
tesco self checkout
Thud
I have a pot in my room full of them. Must be about 4 or 5 pounds worth.

then what do u do with them though?
throw them in a box under my bed. there's about £30 worth of coins 20p and under. One day i'll do something with them
Reply 8
Throw them at people.
Reply 9
i usually throw them at people in class tbh.... i mean those tiny assed 1 cent (euro) coins are pointless... I also have a pot where i put the coins i dont throw at people. must have 10 or 20 pounds worth in there.
Reply 10
jadegoodyfan22032009

When I can be bothered, take them to the bank and change them.
Reply 11
jadegoodyfan22032009

bag them up and take them to the bank
I save them in a big pot in my room. Then I either convert them at the bank or use them for playing Blackjack with friends.
I keep them in a big jar and when the jar is full I take them to one of those loose change machines you find in supermarkets and stand there for ages putting them all in. I don't know why I just don't go to the bank, but I don't.
Reply 14
I put them in a tin that previously contained mini dairy milk sweets.
cool i never actually thought of taking them to the bank!
whats the minimum amount you have to take, and can you get those money bags for free?

and i take it doing it at the bank is better than those coin machines you see in tesco and asda?
Reply 16
For me, they end up in a tin.
tea_cakes
I keep them in a big jar and when the jar is full I take them to one of those loose change machines you find in supermarkets and stand there for ages putting them all in. I don't know why I just don't go to the bank, but I don't.

dont they take commision like 10% of the total amount you put in?
sounds a bit of a rip off.......
Reply 18
I've got them all in a cup and use them at the end of term. But I would only ever use coppers in the Tesco self-service checkout things.
Reply 19
Save them for the annual carnival and throw them at the carnival queens sat on their floats.

Good times.

Latest

Trending

Trending