The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

i'm at Hu Stu now, so if anyone has any basic questions, quote this post with your question and i'll get back to you :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
becca_999
Hi. Just wondering whats lenton like as i have applied there. Bad news about the half an hour walk :frown:

Alex was referring to the area called Lenton rather than Lenton and Wortley Hall which is about 5 minutes walk from the centre of campus.
Reply 22
thetopnotch
i'm at Hu Stu now, so if anyone has any basic questions, quote this post with your question and i'll get back to you :smile:

If I remember you are in your 2nd year of economics?
What modules have you taken, and are you enjoying the course as a whole?
vinsta
If I remember you are in your 2nd year of economics?
What modules have you taken, and are you enjoying the course as a whole?

i'm a 1st year econ student, and it's going well i guess. i've taken all the standard modules, with Mathematical economics and Introductory Econometrics,and also international 1&2 plus European 1&2

Any questions about Hu Stu?
Reply 24
thetopnotch
i'm a 1st year econ student, and it's going well i guess. i've taken all the standard modules, with Mathematical economics and Introductory Econometrics,and also international 1&2 plus European 1&2

Whats the girl/guy ratio like? I heard it was an all male hall before 2000
Haz313

equal i think but sometimes it looks like there are more girls than guys, actually it looks like that a lot, unless my head seems to be blanking out the guys or something :tongue:

also it's nearly over 9 years since before 2000 so a lot has changed
Reply 26
thetopnotch

hey what's the new block like in Hu Stu? I know it's not as visually attractive on the outside :frown: But, does it still feel apart of the halls, or are they a little sectioned off? Also wondering if you know if there are many single studies in the new block... I know it's shallow, but I'd rather not be allocated a room in building I've heard being described as a council estate cum 1960's hospital asylum, lol. Thanks.
Dijobla
hey what's the new block like in Hu Stu? I know it's not as visually attractive on the outside :frown: But, does it still feel apart of the halls, or are they a little sectioned off? Also wondering if you know if there are many single studies in the new block... I know it's shallow, but I'd rather not be allocated a room in building I've heard being described as a council estate cum 1960's hospital asylum, lol. Thanks.

the new block in Hu Stu is where i live now, inside it's all good, but yeah it's not as attractive to look at as the old block i guess. It's not really sectioned off, in the sense that it is seperated with old block on one side and new block on the other side but it definitely feels a part of the halls.

i'm not entirely sure about how many single studies there are in the new block :s-smilie: there's 52 single studies and i fear that they may all be in the old block :s-smilie: It's not actually like a 'council estate cum 1960's hospital asylum' at all. It's pretty clean and all the facilities are pretty new :smile:
Reply 28
thetopnotch
i'm not entirely sure about how many single studies there are in the new block :s-smilie: there's 52 single studies and i fear that they may all be in the old block :s-smilie: It's not actually like a 'council estate cum 1960's hospital asylum' at all. It's pretty clean and all the facilities are pretty new :smile:

I think she meant that she had heard that the new block looked like a 1960's asylum or whatever. If you have heard there are 52 single studies I'd wager they are all in the old block, the only rooms I've seen in the old block are single studies (and large single studies) and there are quite a few corridors.
Creole
I think she meant that she had heard that the new block looked like a 1960's asylum or whatever. If you have heard there are 52 single studies I'd wager they are all in the old block, the only rooms I've seen in the old block are single studies (and large single studies) and there are quite a few corridors.

ooo right well the new block is nothing like an 1960's asylum really. Yeah i just checked the Nottingham website and it said 52 single studies, and i pretty sure the Block O is single study or large single studies (might have got the block letter wrong, but it's definetely the block that's on the right when you've walked along the path from the main entrance)
Reply 30
Creole

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear. HuStu is my 2nd choice, for a single study, which is why i was asking. I've heard that the rooms are nicely furnished inside, but the architecture is a bit meh... but it's comforting to know that the block doesn't feel sectioned off.
Reply 31
Dijobla
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear. HuStu is my 2nd choice, for a single study, which is why i was asking. I've heard that the rooms are nicely furnished inside, but the architecture is a bit meh... but it's comforting to know that the block doesn't feel sectioned off.

Architects... :rolleyes:
:tongue:
Reply 32
thetopnotch
ooo right well the new block is nothing like an 1960's asylum really. Yeah i just checked the Nottingham website and it said 52 single studies, and i pretty sure the Block O is single study or large single studies (might have got the block letter wrong, but it's definetely the block that's on the right when you've walked along the path from the main entrance)

O, M and N are all single/large I believe. I live in N.

Dijobla

stuff

When I arrived I knew there was an old and a new block, the reason I applied for it was because of the olf block so I would have been disappointed if I wouldn't have got it. Now that I've lived there for a while, I don't think it matters, when you are inside, you may as well be anywhere, and when you are in and around hu stu you can always see the old block. Also you eat all your dinners in the old block anyway.
Reply 33
Haz313
Architects... :rolleyes:
:tongue:

I know :o: It can't be helped. :p:
Reply 34
thetopnotch

Ah ok, do many students take modules outside the econ department?

Also, in one of the halls they made a new policy that on weekends there is now a brunch service as students don't get up early enough for breakfast, but was the policy of one hall. Is this how Hu Stu operates aswell?
Haz313

Im sure the girls you meet will be very impressed that you have come from lehman brothers :rolleyes:
Reply 36
vinsta
Ah ok, do many students take modules outside the econ department?

Also, in one of the halls they made a new policy that on weekends there is now a brunch service as students don't get up early enough for breakfast, but was the policy of one hall. Is this how Hu Stu operates aswell?

Doesn't that brunch thing operate in all halls? They cut the meals down from 21 to 19, and eliminated weekend breakfast, I think...
Reply 37
krisstassen
Im sure the girls you meet will be very impressed that you have come from lehman brothers :rolleyes:

Tell me about it... And if that fails, I can proceed to throw money at them till they like me.
Reply 38
Brunch IS in ALL halls. No breakfast at weekends.
Reply 39
Dijobla
Doesn't that brunch thing operate in all halls? They cut the meals down from 21 to 19, and eliminated weekend breakfast, I think...

That's not what I was told at the open day.

Latest

Trending

Trending