The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adhsur
You actually say you're intelligent? That's one of the daftest things I've ever heard.

Well my family have said that they would during a discussion we had earlier. And all my teachers think I am most certainly Cambridge material, so the only reason I could think of for rejection would be discrimination. What is daft about it? I know I deserve a place and know for sure that I have the potential to succeed at Cambridge. So I would be severely dismayed if I were to be rejected and would wish to know why.

If that takes public complaints and legal action then so be it.
Reply 21
Adhsur
In fact, if he was my competition for philosophy, I'd regard that as quite encouraging. lol. :smile:

Might as well, there's nothing else that's going to be as encouraging...

Sorry couldn't resist! Please forgive me!
Reply 22
A Grade Student
Well my family have said that they would during a discussion we had earlier. And all my teachers think I am most certainly Cambridge material, so the only reason I could think of for rejection would be discrimination. What is daft about it? I know I deserve a place and know for sure that I have the potential to succeed at Cambridge. So I would be severely dismayed if I were to be rejected and would wish to know why.

This is surely a joke. No one can be certain - it is all down to interview. And if your teachers were that clued up, they would be at Cambridge themselves, and not teaching arrogant fools like you. Good luck anyway. I do believe, a little modesty goes a long way though...

...Wisest is he who knows he does not know :smile:
Reply 23
wow whos up themselves? Grades arent everything you know
Reply 24
Adhsur
You actually say you're intelligent? That's one of the daftest things I've ever heard.

Hey, you've happily posted your grades donning the 'first post' so theoretically you're both as bad as each other.

A Grade Student - grow up or shut up in my opinion, if you are indeed intelligent you'd understand there is more to life than oxbridge. I could sit here for hours explaining what a complete and utter idiot you're making yourself sound. Shamefully there's a lot of types like you here, only less militant and that makes me sad.
Reply 25
Petrozzi
Hey, you've happily posted your grades donning the 'first post' so theoretically you're both as bad as each other.

:confused: Me?
Reply 26
A Grade Student

But it won't take legal action to find out why, I reckon they might be quite happy to tell you that you're a oser-lay with that attitude. Besides, I would have thought with your arrogance that if they rejected you, you would simply pass it off as their loss... maybe you don't actually believe you will get in, hence the threat of legal action. It reminds me of kids running to Mumy because their friend or sibling won't let them play....
Reply 27
A Grade Student

RIGHT LOOK HERE: Answer these questions and see for sure whether u have a chance of goin to cam:

1. do you do anything for the school? (sport wise?)
2. do you do anything for the school (extra curricular)
3. CCF?
4. Duke of edingburgh award?
5. Young enterprise?
6. Insight into management?
7. Work experience?

Do u have any of the above? because all students go to cam with those predictations. The above list and the interview make or brakes a cam potential student.

Also u cannot prove that its because of class. Becasue they are taking others, they'll just say that u arnt suited for the cam thing so u cant come. Someone got 6 A's and cam rejected him. So what chance do u have? Answer this.
Reply 28
RIGHT LOOK HERE: Answer these questions and see for sure whether u have a chance of goin to cam:

1. do you do anything for the school? (sport wise?)
2. do you do anything for the school (extra curricular)
3. CCF?
4. Duke of edingburgh award?
5. Young enterprise?
6. Insight into management?
7. Work experience?

Do u have any of the above? because all students go to cam with those predictations. The above list and the interview make or brakes a cam potential student.

Also u cannot prove that its because of class. Becasue they are taking others, they'll just say that u arnt suited for the cam thing so u cant come. Someone got 6 A's and cam rejected him. So what chance do u have? Answer this.

You believe that rapsheet matters near as much as them liking your brain? Nope.
i can't believe everyone's responded to this post. Its obviously a load of bollox, and I'd give good odds its from maskall.
Reply 30
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brian... i mean, uh, *note to self, dont think out loude
Reply 31
DanMushMan
i can't believe everyone's responded to this post. Its obviously a load of bollox, and I'd give good odds its from maskall.

It is, it's just I can't believe some of the garbage some of the registereds are applying with. It's making me feel filthy. :frown:
Reply 32
Petrozzi
You believe that rapsheet matters near as much as them liking your brain? Nope.

YOU dont understand, all the people that apply to cam will get predicted 3 A's to 4A's so what makes the difference? The above said things. Cam wants people that can give something to the cam uni, ie school activities and ccf. Also want people who r dedicated and interested to find out about stuff therefore all ther est. Come on, they can do no harm?
Reply 33
Petrozzi
It is, it's just I can't believe some of the garbage some of the registereds are applying with. It's making me feel filthy. :frown:

Well, its this arrogant bast*rd who strolls in here making a declaration. I mean so what if u dont get into cam? Get a life man! I want to get into cam, but if i dont then it doesnt matter! getting a first in any other uni is just as well! and there are plenty of other good unis around.
DanMushMan

Of course it's a load of bollox. The guy expects us to insult him and rebel at his outrageous post - and he loves every minute of it. If you want to confuse him or piss him off, you should have agreed with what he said.
Reply 35
YOU dont understand, all the people that apply to cam will get predicted 3 A's to 4A's so what makes the difference? The above said things. Cam wants people that can give something to the cam uni, ie school activities and ccf. Also want people who r dedicated and interested to find out about stuff therefore all ther est. Come on, they can do no harm?

Believe me, I do understand. Grades mean nothing since it's AAB default, okay? People can achieve As quite easily with work, not having to be intelligent but ambitious/hardworking. This said, the interview will absolutely destroy these types of people and the people with the bright minds will THEN be distinguished via their churchwork and so on, they will pass go and collect $200.
Reply 36
Original post by Unr&#1077
Of course it's a load of bollox. The guy expects us to insult him and rebel at his outrageous post - and he loves every minute of it. If you want to confuse him or piss him off, you should have agreed with what he said.

Gone a bit quiet hasn't he, no reply in a quarter of a hour. I am so worried (!)
Reply 37
ZJuwelH
Gone a bit quiet hasn't he, no reply in a quarter of a hour. I am so worried (!)

id like to state that i had NOTHING to do with his disapearence *zips up trousers..... ill be leaving now,,, yes,,,, though this here door....
Reply 38
Petrozzi
Believe me, I do understand. Grades mean nothing since it's AAB default, okay? People can achieve As quite easily with work, not having to be intelligent but ambitious/hardworking. This said, the interview will absolutely destroy these types of people and the people with the bright minds will THEN be distinguished via their churchwork and so on, they will pass go and collect $200.

Yes thats what i was getting at.

"Cheers bud , thanks that mission was really doing my head in."

Listen to this, this was what was posted by him in the xbox GTA3 thread. Is this the sound of a depraved child who he makes himself out to be? Working class my ass, even i dont have an xbox. A level grade student? Get a life man, to get into cam u have to be a grade? so whats so special about u?

U is poor? so what? I is poor, as well but i deal with it. Dont use it as an excuse to in the easy way. That's like saying, i must get in cause im so clever, etc etc. I know cause getting into cam is like the lottery. Some of the best students dont get in, just depends on the interview i guess.

And since u got 4A's means u worked hard. But that doesnt mean u are poor. U could have like stayed in private school until Y12, then moved to a comphrenive.
Reply 39
kyuuki
id like to state that i had NOTHING to do with his disapearence *zips up trousers..... ill be leaving now,,, yes,,,, though this here door....

<gasps> Hey where you going it's my turn now! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending