The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
treasureBelle
Similar... I got BDEE 1st time round in year 12. Worst thing was, I was on holiday at the time, so a friend's mum had to read out my results over the phone. :frown:

What did you get on the second attempt? Your display picture in that message looks like I did when I read my results, or in every maths lesson I have.
Yr 9 when my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. I knew it wasn't THAT life threatening but you know it was pretty serious. Luckily it hadn't spread and she was fine after radiotherapy and surgery.
Reply 82
Being told my mother's cancer was terminal and watching her die.

A-level results day. Disappointment.

Crashing my car.
SnowAngel
When My mum died in a dream...first thing I did when I woke up was cry

I had a dream where my Dad died and I'd forseen it, but I couldn't convince him - Was horrible, and felt so real. Woke up and immediatly got up to see him in his room, he wasn't there so I panicked and ran downstairs where he was making his breakfast and cried from relief.

When I was 13, I worked in a riding school, one day I was leading in the lesson for a girl who didn't *really* need leading, more needed someone to hold the pony back from charging off because she would just kick the **** out of it without realising. The riding instructor got fed up when I nearly tripped over because she'd once again slammed her leg on, and told me to stop leading and let her learn a lesson. She told her to canter, but to just squeeze very gentley because the pony was really sensitive and would shoot off if she kept on kicking him, she kicked him like she had been doing and he galloped off. The five seconds she was still on him felt like a life time and when the pony hit the fence and pinged her over it I felt like I was going to throw up. Was so angry that I could've stopped her getting hurt but wasn't allowed. Real kicker was that she stopped riding and about 8 months later she died of lukemia - She was only 9.
Reply 84
Making the decision one evening to finally make a proper go of my two year on-off relationship and tell my girlfriend how much she meant to me, then signing in to facebook to find a message saying that she's straight and had known for 'a while', and that we should just be friends. I haven't seen her since then, she used to be my best friend.
A true FML moment, I think.

Getting my rejection letter from Oxford after sitting at my living room window for two weeks waiting for the post to arrive.

When they took my cat away to be put down :frown:
Reply 85
When i realised you have to work to live.
Reply 86
When the vet told us our rabbit had died - I know it's just a rabbit but we'd had him for 5 years which was a significant part of my childhood! Plus it was pretty unexpected - he'd only had some drops to get rid of mites, but he had a bad allergic reaction :frown:

Plus when I found out I hadn't got the grades to get into my first choice uni - but now I feel much happier because I'm on a great course :smile:
Reply 87
The day i got found out.
Reply 88
The day my mom was diagnosed with her spinal problem.....
was abit of a mess to say the least
Reply 89
A 9am phone call from my then gf saying she had slept with someone else. Thing which annoyed me was that on the monday I said about they guy "Either you deal with him, or i'll deal with him" and i trusted her to sort things out....... thursday night she slept with him.... worst moments of my life.
When my parents had the row to end all rows and they decided to split up when I was 10.

When I went to visit my ex in Cambridge and he told me that there was 'chemistry' between him and some girl he was friends with - then having to sit through a meal with a bunch of his friends, including said girl who sat there glowering at me the entire time.

When my daughter was born not breathing and very still and blue as the cord had got compressed as I was pushing her out. She was fine once they puffed a bit of oxygen in though :smile:
At the funeral, the moment when you realise they are gone forever. :frown:
Reply 92
schwinggg
cuts from what? I hate that 'lovely family meal' thing when someone is angry/upset.

Moonwalking through a rosebush. What the hell do you think?
Reply 93
When I freind died abroad, and when I get told anyone of my relatives who are in hospital etc.
Reply 94
patrickthestarfish
In a weird way, this thread has really cheered me up. I've been moping a lot lately about a couple of crappy things that have been happening, but seeing all of these things makes you realise that in general, life ain't too bad at all!

well....ye...
Reply 95
Profesh
Moonwalking through a rosebush. What the hell do you think?

lol (yes i know you're trying to belittle but that was pretty funny)
Reply 96
Realising that the girl who took my virginity, who I was going out with at the time, and madly in love with, was at that moment sleeping with her ex. This was after she'd given him head only a few feet away from me and the only thing stopping my seeing was her friend holding her hands over my eyes. That night was the only night I've ever cheated on anyone, with the girl that had her hand over my eyes, but I think it was justified in my emotionally upset situation..
Reply 97
getinthevan
What a stupid thing to ask. What do you THINK they're from?! (don't say it, just leave it)

Erm because not everyone is aware of self harm :rolleyes:

Some pretty strong people on this thread if you ask me :yep: Not sure I would be able to go through a single thing and come out on top
Reply 98
I must say, after reading everyone elses posts, there are a lot of incredibly strong people out there.

-11 years old, Christmas holiday, in a small village in Nigeria waiting to find a hospital to remove my about-to-burst appendix; and being told that I might not wake up. I got out on Christmas Day. Most surreal Christmas ever. Or holiday

-Last year in halls, over hearing a group of people being a bunch of backstabbers, then denying it, who were supposedly my closest group of friends.. then having a panic attack for an hour

-In Year 11 finding out my best friend had 2 weeks to live if she didn't start eating

-A lot of nasty shout-downs from my mother

-Close family friend passing away last year

-Realising that one of my best friends is gone
Reply 99
Oh, and my dad has Leukaemia and is slowly dying. He's been given a year or two left to live, which kinda sucks. It'll slowly kill him until he can't go to work, then can't leave the house, then can't leave a hospital bed. It's one of the most undignified ways to die, but he's going to go out in style I think. It just refused to let myself feel anything when my parents told me, I just sort of turned off for a few hours.

Latest

Trending

Trending