The Student Room Group

I think I’ve fallen for my friend

I’ve realised today that all this time I may have fallen for a close friend- I’m supposed to see them soon. I don’t think they like me back though. Should I say I have feelings when I seen them? I’m worried they’ll be freaked but I never take risks. I know we care about each other a lot so I don’t know if my feelings are just confused with a healthy friendship? I feel a deep gut wrenching feeling about the friend right now and can’t stop thinking about them..I’ve not felt like this for a long time. I’ve never been in love/ no one’s ever had that strong feelings for me so I have nothing to compare it to. The sad thing about this is I’ve moved away and this friend is 500 miles away.
Pretend there's nothing. Interact as usual.
Reply 2
Well there's no right or wrong thing to do in this case. Let me recommend a great song by Daft punk. It's called instant crush. I always think of it whenever such a situation arises. It goes like

Kinda counted on you being a friend
Can I give it up or give it away?
Now I thought about what I wanna say
But I never really know where to go
So I chained myself to a friend

I think of it as you can chain yourself (keep a friend) to a friend by not letting them know about your feelings or you can take a risk and see what happens (unchain and be vulnerable).
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending