The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I believe that some people are more compatible than others.
Reply 2
emmielociraptor

Damn, beaten to it.
Reply 3
You know that the girl/guy for you is your 'the one' because they're the one person you can fall in and out of love with...or at least this is how I think/feel...
From what I know people gain new experiences etc while in a relationship which change them...or rather develop their character...which might mean they might not feel the same about their gf/bf/wife/husband/partner....but if they are able to fall back in love with that same person despite having grown themselves...then they've found their 'the one'...
I personally think there is such thing as a soul mate, someone who is perfect for you but there are also lots of people who will still make you happy for the rest of your life.
most people don't have relationships in their teens that end up with marriage and stuff like that, so don't worry, you'll find someone special. youjust have to have a little patience and don't be shy to ask someone out.
just don't talk about them being "the one" unless the next thing you do is give her a ring, its a real off putter.
Reply 5
I don't think there is a "the one", in my opinion, depending on the choices we make in life and the situations we find ourselves in there are a number of people we could be happy with- love develops over time and it is possible to meet and stay with one person from a young age, but alternatively, if that relationship ends, you could be just as happy with someone else.
Not for me, there isn;t.
Reply 7
I've met mine and she left me lol, soon to find that she couldn't be away from me for long and now we're planning on staying together for good.

Once you meet them and you've been with them, you'll know if they're 'The One', don't think about it though cause then they probably aren't.
Woah, slow down there. Please don't say this to her, you'll likely scare her off.

Anyways, as for your final question, people may not change. Sometimes you just tire of being with someone. You may still be the same; they may still be the same, but sometimes you just grow apart regardless. Of course, yes, some people do last a lifetime.
Of course there is no such thing as the one.

And I would like somebody to give me evidence as to why it is.
Reply 10
emmielociraptor

Am I theee only one that finds Keanu Reeves ridiculously sexy.
lolwtfbbq
I've met mine and she left me lol, soon to find that she couldn't be away from me for long and now we're planning on staying together for good.

Once you meet them and you've been with them, you'll know if they're 'The One', don't think about it though cause then they probably aren't.

DON'T TELL HER THAT!!!!
you'll scare her off. one day, you may be able to tell her.
I hope there is "the one". I've probably found my one, I know for a fact I'll never be as close to or as in love with anyone like this again, I just hope I'm his one back.

Life sucks mostly, so I'm probably not.

Now I feel depressed :p:
Reply 13
No, there is no 'one'. Think about it. 90% of couples meet because they conducted their lives in close proximity. A proportion of those are very happy, and stay with the same individual.

Now do the maths and think at the vastness of humanity. Granted that culture/appearance will vary and thus people are often more attracted to people similar. however, think of how many potential 'ones' that there are. Instead it is simply a scale of compatibility
Of course not, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
Reply 15
Rizzletastic
Of course there is no such thing as the one.

And I would like somebody to give me evidence as to why it is.

Can you give evidence that it doesn't exist?
Smtn
No, there is no 'one'. Think about it. 90% of couples meet because they conducted their lives in close proximity. A proportion of those are very happy, and stay with the same individual.

Now do the maths and think at the vastness of humanity. Granted that culture/appearance will vary and thus people are often more attracted to people similar. however, think of how many potential 'ones' that there are. Instead it is simply a scale of compatibility

agreed
and those that grow up in the same area have more shared norms, values, interests and so more likely to share a bond
Reply 17
Kaykiie

Last time I checked, you have to prove something DOES exist rather than it not existing.

Otherwise I'd be paying for everything with my invisible money
I don't know if sharing a peanut allergy is grounds for true love.
Kaykiie

No. Can you give evidence that I am the second coming of Jesus Christ?

Latest

Trending

Trending