The Student Room Group

A friend called me boring and thought it was funny

It was a few months ago but it really did hurt me. How did I find out? The girl she told repeated it to my face and laughed. I was humiliated but laughed it off because I didn’t want to sound “over dramatic”.

She started slowly distancing herself from me and eventually started ignoring me completely. It was like she’d rather hang out with anyone besides boring me.

I wouldn’t have minded if she’d told one of our friends but she told the girl who was faking a friendship with me. I only found out recently that that girl she told never even liked me. That was another slap in the face. I’ve tried having conversation but she keeps saying she’s “uncomfortable” and avoids it.

I would leave it but I want her to know that I deserve an apology.

Does anyone have advice?
Original post by Anonymous
It was a few months ago but it really did hurt me. How did I find out? The girl she told repeated it to my face and laughed. I was humiliated but laughed it off because I didn’t want to sound “over dramatic”.

She started slowly distancing herself from me and eventually started ignoring me completely. It was like she’d rather hang out with anyone besides boring me.

I wouldn’t have minded if she’d told one of our friends but she told the girl who was faking a friendship with me. I only found out recently that that girl she told never even liked me. That was another slap in the face. I’ve tried having conversation but she keeps saying she’s “uncomfortable” and avoids it.

I would leave it but I want her to know that I deserve an apology.

Does anyone have advice?

You may deserve an apology but it seems like she will refuse to give it even if you ask for it. Go cold on them. Silent treatment until they apologise, I did it to people when I had a similar situation and after about 2 months of treating them as though they didn't exist one apologised. They hurt you, you don't need them nor their apology. What does a half-hearted apology from an ******** matter anyway?
Air them imagine as though they don’t exist. They’ll eventually get bothered to the point they’ll have to say sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending