The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Montefiore Freshers 09/10 official thread!

Yeaaaaaaaaah. :yes:

Ok, I am a little bit excited (slash bored of revising for my end of year exams and using this as a perfect and slightly justified form of procrastination)

Basically, halls are run by the JCR which is made up second and third years who spent their first year at those halls. You have a President, Vice President, treasurer, sports rep, secretary, events officers etc etc.

At present I live in Monte 2.... and when you start in September, and I go into my second year, I will be your Vice President :woo:

This is all a bit exciting.

Cloop will also be your President although she doesnt find out officially untill tomorrow.

But basicallly.... any questions ask away here...

We'll be planning freshers week and setting up the official facebook groups in the coming weeks... So keep an eye out!!

Congrats on choosing the best halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a question...

If i don't win tomorrow will you still be my friend :frown:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll think about it.

Probably. Although if you could not tell anybody we're friends that'd be great. I feel so close to Matt now anyway. What a babe.
Reply 3
Oh my god don't, I actually have a crush on him!
A crush on him? He looks like he's crawled out of a sewer!
Should be livin in monte :] ...if I get the grades that is!
Reply 6
Clementine_x
Should be livin in monte :] ...if I get the grades that is!

Congratulations! Did you choose ensuite or shared bathroom?

You're going to have the best freshers' week ever, and year I promise!
Reply 7
I'm so jealous that you can say that Em :frown:
Just 24 hours...
Reply 8
Hopefully I'll get the news that Ive got both the grades and Monte on the same day.
Reply 9
I feel inclined to make a Glen Eyre thread ... but I couldn't be bothered to apply for the JCR.
Glen Eyre doesn't need a thread, anyway. Nobody would own up to living there...
Reply 11
Guys stop spamming my NEXT YEAR FRESHERS thread init. let it go.. move on...
Reply 12
Hey everyone :smile:. Please could you answer a few questions I have about Wessex Lane. I visited one of the blocks on an open day but didn't get a chance to see Connaught. What is it like as a place and the atmosphere and standard of food? I think I would either go here or in monte 3 or 4. What are these blocks like to live in is there a sociable atmosphere etc? Also how far away is it from Avenue and how do you get there is there a bus or is it easy to walk? Also, why is it cheaper than the accommodation at Glen Eyre? Is it because it’s a little older? Thanks in advance for your responses :smile:.
makinghistory
Congratulations! Did you choose ensuite or shared bathroom?

You're going to have the best freshers' week ever, and year I promise!

Chose shared as I rather spend the extra cost of ensuite on more important things, like drink :p: . So basically have chosen the cheapest option lol but I don't really care about having the best room, going to end up messy anyway!

haha good gooood im looking forward to it :yes::yes:
Reply 14
XJustineX
Hey everyone :smile:. Please could you answer a few questions I have about Wessex Lane. I visited one of the blocks on an open day but didn't get a chance to see Connaught. What is it like as a place and the atmosphere and standard of food? I think I would either go here or in monte 3 or 4. What are these blocks like to live in is there a sociable atmosphere etc? Also how far away is it from Avenue and how do you get there is there a bus or is it easy to walk? Also, why is it cheaper than the accommodation at Glen Eyre? Is it because it’s a little older? Thanks in advance for your responses :smile:.

Connaugt I think has a good atmosphere but i've heard the food is AWFUL. And food times! Like it you have a 5-6 lecture basically you're screwed... The blocks are all pretty sociable in Monte, there is a sort of block patriotism! I go to Avenue and I get the bus to highfield and then it's a ten-fifteen minute walk from there. It's not the closest thing in the world but the walk is pretty nice and I have no complaints! Plus it means I get my exercise :biggrin: It's probably cheaper because it's a wee bit further away, less scenic and more people - some people don't like that! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 15
heyyy, i'm going to be studying on southampton as a part of an exchange program for 1 year in southampton university. I am from Mexico and that'd be my third year on University.. Was I right choosing University of Southampton?? I am really looking forward to party over there in england! which hall should I choose? I would like cheap halls so I can have extra money for the clubs! Thanks.
Hoping to be in monte 3. (y)

I get the image that there's rivalry between Wessex and Glen Eyre. May I suggest a water fight in a Soton park? Lol
Reply 17
There's not really rivalry between Wessex&Glen, more Monte&Connaught!!!

Get ready for some chanting... Good choice!
Hi

I am on a gap year, i've got the grades and the place at Soton Uni. I've applied to halls a few weeks back, but have yet to hear from the uni? Is this conventional? Should i try to find out what's happening?

Cheers.
Reply 19
Pierce - Daniel, don't worry about it just yet! I should imagine the accomodation deadlines have just passed/recently will pass - they will still need to sort everyone out and re-jiggle everything. They may also need to wait and see who passes their exams, just incase changes are made which could affect you - even though I know you have already got your grades - you never know!
Don't worry! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending