The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey Pierce,

I'm in the same position but I don't think they tell people with unconditional offers until June/July... I think it says somewhere on the site. What halls did you pick and what are you studying?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Hi
I'm going to study law, I applied for halls in Glen Eyre, but nothing more specific then that. From talking to students there it was the one i felt I got the best vibe from. People seemed to buzz about them the most, i did visit wessex lane, and was quite shocked at how much of a state they were. But I'm hardly very clean so I could probs live with that.
Pierce - Daniel
Hi
I'm going to study law, I applied for halls in Glen Eyre, but nothing more specific then that. From talking to students there it was the one i felt I got the best vibe from. People seemed to buzz about them the most, i did visit wessex lane, and was quite shocked at how much of a state they were. But I'm hardly very clean so I could probs live with that.

Proper students revel in their own filth :p:
Reply 23
I actually cant wait til September! Im hopefully living in monte 1 but havent visited it. is it really scabby or hard to cook cos theres so many people sharing the kitchen? i dont think id mind that much if its old or dirty ill probably be too drunk to realise most of the time whooo :woo:
Reply 24
jojo999
I actually cant wait til September! Im hopefully living in monte 1 but havent visited it. is it really scabby or hard to cook cos theres so many people sharing the kitchen? i dont think id mind that much if its old or dirty ill probably be too drunk to realise most of the time whooo :woo:

Honestly, it's not that bad! The kitchen is mahoosive anyway. I've not really heard anyone complaining about cooking problems...
It isn't the nicest place to look at but it's pretty much you get what you pay for. And this is Uni, you're supposed to live in squalor for a bit! (Not that it's that bad lol)

Good choice :biggrin:
Reply 25
Monte 1 is fine, it's uber sociable, masses of space and a huge dining table for drinky games.

Offish monte facebook groupy for this years' freshers: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=82647176358
Reply 26
I just got an offer for Monte 2 (first choice so really happy!) and will definitely be there cos I´m on a gap year so already got my grades! really excited about freshers :smile:
Reply 27
Monte 2 is the bestest! Congrats! Get joining the Monte group :-) See you in September..
Reply 28
ive applied for monte 1 :smile:
Reply 29
I've been offered a place in monte 4. What's monte like? Has it got a bar? Any tennis hard courts nearby?

Cheers, Ryan.
Reply 30
Monte is massive - Monte 4 are (arguably) the nicest group of halls at Soton. They are luuuush.

It has indeed got a bar. The boiler house!! Make sure you go a lot this year - the Boiler is great when people get their bums down there! I don't know about tennis courts, I would assume the nearest are at Highfield Campus.

See you in Sept!
Reply 31
cloop
Monte is massive - Monte 4 are (arguably) the nicest group of halls at Soton. They are luuuush.

It has indeed got a bar. The boiler house!! Make sure you go a lot this year - the Boiler is great when people get their bums down there! I don't know about tennis courts, I would assume the nearest are at Highfield Campus.

See you in Sept!

What about Wide Lane (tennis)?

So the boiler house didn't shut then?
Reply 32
Hi all, Im a 24 yo male studying adult nursing in sept and have just been offered a place in Monte 3.

Just wanted to know the age ranges of the students living in Monte 3, social scene for the olds etc. I would say that I get along with all age groups, however im a little worried that I maybe separated from the younger students.

Any info would be appreciated.

Wrny.
Reply 33
I know at least 6 people over the age of 25 in Monte this year. No one even noticed they were older! I would say it's just the same experience for someone of a bigger age-range.

Don't worry :-D

The Boiler House hasn't shut! Where did you hear that?
Reply 34
Ok cool, was just a ittle concerned of being the only old fart there!

I dont suppose you know if the student nurses live together in the same blocks or are the students mixed up together regardless of what they are studying?

Many thanks.
Reply 35
That's cool that there's a bar. Spent the year at uni in london(didn't like the course) and the biggest thing people moaned about was the lack of bar in our halls!

wrny I'm pretty old too...21!

And if it's anything like halls in London a lot of the nurses were together but not segregated as such. I doubt it'll be any different at soton.
wrny
Hi all, Im a 24 yo male studying adult nursing in sept and have just been offered a place in Monte 3.

Just wanted to know the age ranges of the students living in Monte 3, social scene for the olds etc. I would say that I get along with all age groups, however im a little worried that I maybe separated from the younger students.

Wrny.

As a resident ex-Monte 3er on the JCR (to Cloop and Hemmers, its Andy btw :P), my block, J Block, didn't have many people over the age of 20 as far as I was aware. However there are plenty of older students about Monte. To be honest age didn't matter with the older students that I met, everyone's a fresher and in the same boat.
Tbh I felt I spent more time with my friends on my course rather than in my block, but theres always something going on that everyone can get involved with, so I wouldnt say that age matters a whole great deal. As long as you get with the people in your flat/block, you won't have too much trouble.

I had an OT in my flat, and about 4 others in my block doing some form of Nursing/Physio/OT degree. They spread people out regardless of what you study. In my flat there were Maths and Econ (me), OT, Marine Bio, Bio Med and Econ and Actuarial. No doubt you'll meet other nurses during the course of the events (if you come to them :smile: ) from your block or other blocks.
Reply 37
wrny

Wrny.

Hi

Im also doing adult nursing :smile: but I have applied for Monte 1, purely because it was the cheapest
Reply 38
Haha Andy; Hi!!!

I am more friends with my housemates than my coursemates - I spend every waking second with them! It just depends who you are I guess :biggrin:

If being older is at all a problem for you, then I will be veryvery surprised and will personally get you a snakebite at the Boiler House :biggrin:
Reply 39
cloop
and will personally get you a snakebite at the Boiler House :biggrin:

Does that apply to all of us? Cause I'll take you up on that. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending