Reply 40
Just out of interest how much is a snakebite :biggrin:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 41
wrny
Ok cool, was just a ittle concerned of being the only old fart there!

I dont suppose you know if the student nurses live together in the same blocks or are the students mixed up together regardless of what they are studying?

Many thanks.

They used to, don't know if they do now (used to slightly irritate the rest of us who also had to be here out of the academic term and be up for placement, as a lot of the 'it's not safe to be in accomm by yourself' and needing to get up applies to other clinical courses too).
Reply 42
cloop
Haha Andy; Hi!!!

I am more friends with my housemates than my coursemates - I spend every waking second with them! It just depends who you are I guess :biggrin:

If being older is at all a problem for you, then I will be veryvery surprised and will personally get you a snakebite at the Boiler House :biggrin:

Ahhh snakebite (he sez in a reminiscent voice), havent had that in years, no doubt thats largely due to a fateful nightout in my late teens.

I wouldnt say my age is a big issue, I get on with most people I meet regardless of their age. Im was just a little worried about tagging along with all the wipper snappers on fresshers week and embarrissing them more than anything. :biggrin:

I have to say tho that im really looking forward to it and cannot wait to get into halls and start the course, it's something I should have done years ago.

I presume that we will all be going out for many bevois over the course of freshers week and throughout the year, so no doubt ppl will soon recognise me (aka the old fart) staggering around Monte.:woo:
wrny
Ahhh snakebite (he sez in a reminiscent voice), havent had that in years, no doubt thats largely due to a fateful nightout in my late teens.

I wouldnt say my age is a big issue, I get on with most people I meet regardless of their age. Im was just a little worried about tagging along with all the wipper snappers on fresshers week and embarrissing them more than anything. :biggrin:

I have to say tho that im really looking forward to it and cannot wait to get into halls and start the course, it's something I should have done years ago.

I presume that we will all be going out for many bevois over the course of freshers week and throughout the year, so no doubt ppl will soon recognise me (aka the old fart) staggering around Monte.:woo:

haha, you'll be fine. Being a 'mature student' makes no odds - one of my best friends from my course turns 30 in the next ouple of weeks. =D Nobody cares about your age, and 24 isn't much older.
Reply 44
no thats true, I think it will be all the better for having a wider spectrum of folk with differing backgrounds etc. Cant wait.
:puppyeyes: this thread is making me miss Monte...thank God I'm fresher repping, I'm so excited!!

And I sure hope the Boiler House manages to maintain the same level of popularity as it did last year!

:mmm:
Reply 46
YEAH WOO GO MONTE GO.

Hi Andy!

Anybody who can find me at the freshers' events (Which will be pretty damn easy considering my name will be written on my top!) and recite a green wing quote I will buy a snakebite!
I feel so naive not knowing what a snakebite is... and emo for thinking of the peircing. Lol
Reply 48
Oh, I will also offer a snakebite if someone can get Kelly Clarkson to come to the Boiler House :-)
Anyone who finds ME at the Boiler House and can quote an example of the French subjunctive will not get a snakebite, as I'm too poor, but I will beat up anyone that says you're not cool...which is probably a lot of people, if youre able to recite subjunctive phrases...I'm speaking from experience, people :smile:
If anyone can find me (I'm the short one with spiky hair, nicknamed Power Ranger for some reason) and recite the definition of a limit, whilst drunk, I won't buy you anything, I'll just be impressed...
jonnythemoose
Anyone who finds ME at the Boiler House and can quote an example of the French subjunctive will not get a snakebite, as I'm too poor, but I will beat up anyone that says you're not cool...which is probably a lot of people, if youre able to recite subjunctive phrases...I'm speaking from experience, people :smile:

I know the English subjunctive. Lol.
I expect this thread to explode in due course...

To all you new Monte people, welcome :smile:
Reply 53
Helloooo,
I'm Sophie, I lived in Monte 2 last year, and I'm currently the Monte JCR Secretary. So, if you have any questions about any aspect of Montefiore life or, indeed, university life in general then please feel free to message me.
Woah...I haven't used this site since pre-Freshers' '08. It's good to be back. :wink:

P.S. Hi to Emma, Chloe & Andy!
Reply 54
Just got an offer for Monte 3! :woo:
Monte people ftw ^_^ I live uberclose to monte. =D
Reply 56
just got an offer for monte 1 :smile:
Reply 57
Hey guys just booked into monti 4, how far away from the station is it, also is there anyone else who got in there?
Do you mean the train station, deamer? If so, there are two...it's a 5 minute bus ride from Airport Parkway station, and a 20 minute bus ride from Central Station...on the UniLink bus, which is free when you're in halls!

And if you get in at Monte 3, good for you...you may get lucky and be put in L block :mmm:
jonnythemoose
Do you mean the train station, deamer? If so, there are two...it's a 5 minute bus ride from Airport Parkway station, and a 20 minute bus ride from Central Station...on the UniLink bus, which is free when you're in halls!

And if you get in at Monte 3, good for you...you may get lucky and be put in L block :mmm:

Or you may get even luckier and get put in J block... tis right opposite the laundrette and more importantly the Boiler House :P

On the train front, if you plan to use the train make sure you book your ticket well in advance unless your so loaded that it doesn't matter at all. If it's the latter then I really really envy you...

Latest

Trending

Trending