The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
deamer44
Hey guys just booked into monti 4, how far away from the station is it, also is there anyone else who got in there?

I'm in Monte 4 as well :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
just got an offer for monte 2 :smile:
was wondering..whats the difference between a standard room in monte 1 and the enhanced rooms in monte 2?
I had a bit of a problem with my application. (missed offer and took a while for changed course to go through), do you think there's still room in Monty? Sounds like an awesome complex and is cheapest en-suite. =]
dangerboi2410
I had a bit of a problem with my application. (missed offer and took a while for changed course to go through), do you think there's still room in Monty? Sounds like an awesome complex and is cheapest en-suite. =]

If you are worried the best thing I can suggest is to ring the accomodation department up and ask them about your query :smile:

http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation/contactus/index.html
Thanks. =]

My biggest worry is that I'll get offered an expensive room, I don't really have the money for the cheapest en suite. =[
I'm coming to Monte 2!!
Reply 66
No difference between standard and enhanced, it's rubbish! My room was enhanced and TINY.

But woo to all the new Monte-ers! I hope you're all exciiiiited
Reply 67
Great to see you all with offers! I wish I was doing it all over again! You will get your freshers' packs in the post in the next couple of weeks!

REMEMBER to log in and actually officially accept your accomm offers, don't log off excitedly without pressing 'Accept'...because else it will expire!
Reply 68
Hi, I am trying to complete my enrollment. I have got to a part where its asking me for my flat number. I have accepted an offer for Monte 4. Just wondering how we find this out? Or shall I skip this part? Thanks.
Reply 69
Skip it because you won't know untill you get there.

They ask you to go back and fill it in when you do know...but I don't know anybody who actually did!
Reply 70
I'm a up and coming Monte 2-er! Just accepted the offer today!

I'm going to be studying Geology. I can't wait!
Yay! Got into Monty 3! Can't wait now! =D
Reply 72
I've just accepted my offer of Monte 3!!
PixelMage

Woooooo! Geology! I just finished first year geology and i'm off into my second... enjoy SOES1001, that was a beast of a module, i still haven't got my head around it!
Reply 74
hothedgehog
Woooooo! Geology! I just finished first year geology and i'm off into my second... enjoy SOES1001, that was a beast of a module, i still haven't got my head around it!

Oh dear, should I be worried? Haha! Glad to see another rock-head about!:p:
Reply 75
hothedgehog

My Bfs just finished first year geology also! I had no idea about any of his notes, tried to help him revise and I couldn't even ask him questions on it 'cause it all went over my head!

Ah I am so jealous of all of you, I wanna be doing it all again with all the excitement and not knowing what to expect!
Reply 76
I got monte 2 :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 77
PixelMage

I hope your trip to lulworth cove is blessed with better weather than ours was. :rolleyes:

Also, I'm not sure if you'll do it this year but on our induction day last year in the first week we had to do some sort of orienteering task. They tell you to work out your average stride, give you a compass clinometer and tell you to map out these 4 trees on southampton common onto a scale map.

Don't fret too much if you have no ******* clue where to start or what to do because I had literally no idea haha. At least it gets you to copy talk to other people.
Reply 78
Shebzski
I hope your trip to lulworth cove is blessed with better weather than ours was. :rolleyes:

Also, I'm not sure if you'll do it this year but on our induction day last year in the first week we had to do some sort of orienteering task. They tell you to work out your average stride, give you a compass clinometer and tell you to map out these 4 trees on southampton common onto a scale map.

Don't fret too much if you have no ******* clue where to start or what to do because I had literally no idea haha. At least it gets you to copy talk to other people.

Sound interesting, if not a little challenging. We did -some- mapping at A-level geology, so hopefully that should help. Thanks for the heads up!
Lulworth cove is an interesting place... again, A-level geology trip; we ended up skipping stones across it rather than measuring dip and strike of some of the beds there like we were supposed to... Hopefully this time 'round there will be less distractions!
Reply 79
PixelMage
Sound interesting, if not a little challenging. We did -some- mapping at A-level geology, so hopefully that should help. Thanks for the heads up!
Lulworth cove is an interesting place... again, A-level geology trip; we ended up skipping stones across it rather than measuring dip and strike of some of the beds there like we were supposed to... Hopefully this time 'round there will be less distractions!

Ah, well, you're at a distinct advantage having done Geology A-level, half our year hadn't including me ... but i'm not a geologist so meh.

Anyway, i didn't mean to hijack the monte freshers thread. Back on topic!

Latest

Trending

Trending