The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

All i can say about that stupid orienteering thing is, pair up with someone who has a clue about what they're doing! We were stumped!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
Hi! I'm new to this site and to Southampton. I'm going to be in Monte 2 (Self-catered w/ washbasin) and I've read so many good things about the Monte halls. I'm now really glad that I didn't get the accommodation that I asked for. I actually applied for Glen Eyre and Small Halls because I'll be at Avenue most of the time, but it seems that Wessex Lane is fine anyway. I'm used to a 30mins bus journey to school, so 7mins is nothing. And it sounds great for distance to the main shopping areas. Looking forward to being part of the community :biggrin: and thank you to everyone who is helping poor bewildered freshers like me!
Reply 82
Nurgette
Hi! I'm new to this site and to Southampton. I'm going to be in Monte 2 (Self-catered w/ washbasin) and I've read so many good things about the Monte halls. I'm now really glad that I didn't get the accommodation that I asked for. I actually applied for Glen Eyre and Small Halls because I'll be at Avenue most of the time, but it seems that Wessex Lane is fine anyway. I'm used to a 30mins bus journey to school, so 7mins is nothing. And it sounds great for distance to the main shopping areas. Looking forward to being part of the community :biggrin: and thank you to everyone who is helping poor bewildered freshers like me!

I'm very glad to hear this!
Reply 83
Monte 1, which is now automatically the best.

Should the status of the offer you get just have ACCEPTED in the 'Status' box, and then that's all done and dusted?
Reply 84
Hi again! I have a quick question (or two): what kind of cookers are there in Monte 2, electric or gas? And do they also have a grill? Just need to prepare myself as electric baffles me occasionally. Thank you!
Nurgette
Hi again! I have a quick question (or two): what kind of cookers are there in Monte 2, electric or gas? And do they also have a grill? Just need to prepare myself as electric baffles me occasionally. Thank you!

Yes, they have a grill! And I'm pretty sure the cookers are electric, not gas. :smile:
Reply 86
Yes, they have a grill! And I'm pretty sure the cookers are electric, not gas.

Okay, thank you! Well, it looks like I'll have to learn what gas marks are in degrees. Should be easy, though knowing me I WILL burn something.
Ok mine says its all accepted and stuffs.... when do I get my address?
Reply 88
I didn't get my block/room number until i arrived. Not sure about monte though! .... don't actually know why i'm here :biggrin:
Reply 89
You get your flat number and room when you arrive.

You go into The Boiler House (Our hall's bar which is used in the day for arrivals) and they give you your key and a plastic wallet with everything you need!

Also outside will be a little stand with your lovely JCR (i.e. me and Cloop) who will give you your Monte T-shirts and freshers' welcome packs!

Then you go to your room, move in, un pack, and meet your flatmates!! Yaaay.
Reply 90
p.s cookers in Monte 2 are electric and do have grills.
Reply 91
makinghistory
p.s cookers in Monte 2 are electric and do have grills.

Jonnythemoose mentioned this already, but thank you :biggrin:

(Oh yes, and I have to say, Stephen Fry was born to be God.)
Reply 92
Emma stop flirting
(I love you)
AHHH. 3 weeks!!

I hope you're all as excited as me! Which is a bit sad really, i'm not even a first year anymore :frown:
I'm really quite excited as well. Monte freshers, prepare to be BLITZED. :beard:
makinghistory
You get your flat number and room when you arrive.

You go into The Boiler House (Our hall's bar which is used in the day for arrivals) and they give you your key and a plastic wallet with everything you need!

Also outside will be a little stand with your lovely JCR (i.e. me and Cloop) who will give you your Monte T-shirts and freshers' welcome packs!

Then you go to your room, move in, un pack, and meet your flatmates!! Yaaay.

Sounds good :biggrin:

But why is no one from Southampton sending us this info lol!!
Reply 95
'cause I guess tis quite specifc and it's not something you really need to know, it's pretty easy to understand once you arrive!

Also this is what I just wrote in another thread that I reckon I should put here too:

MEEEEE

FW tickets are on sale soon, I'd buy

-Freshers' Ball
- your Hall's Pack ticket
- tickets to the first Kinki if it's available.
- Tickets to the first Oceana.

I wouldn't worry so much about the others unless you super want to, but the ones I have listed are the ones that were/will be most popular. Spesh your halls tickets.
Reply 96
Quick question. How do I add a term-time address during online enrolling, given the fact that we only get full address on arrival?

Monte 1 here :smile:
Reply 97
If I remember correctly I think you can just skip it and then fill it in properly when you know! Maybe just put the generic monte address

Your name
Montefiore Main Reception
Wessex Lane
Swaythling
SO18 2NU
Reply 98
Monte 1 over here!! :-D

The arrival info is here (funnily enough :-p) http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/Southampton/index.html.
Reply 99
Quick question, what is parking like on the surrounding roads? It looks like there might be space if you take a left out of the main gates then head down the road? I imagine it gets quite busy?

Also, I believe this is a small gym near the halls? Are there many free weights and stuff, or is it full of machines?

Latest

Trending

Trending