The Student Room Group

something cute

i want to send something to my boyfriend but I don't know what - i realise this probably sounds weird but i think its really exciting getting things in the post and i just want to surprise him a little bit, like he is always so lovely to me, he sent me a goodluck carebear when i had exams etc :smile:

anyway i decided to start this thread after trying to write a letter, it got stupidly soppy, and would probably have the opposite effect of what i want to do and scare him! So I am thinknig of something else, like a homemade cd, that type of thing.

So any ideas? I know really it should be personal and come from me, but I think i could add a personal twist to someones idea.

Has anyone ever done something for you, even something really small that made you feel so happy? if so what?

thanks in advance xx
your homemade cd idea is a great one. But other than that...the best thing is something very personal, so its hard for us to advise. A guy Im sort of dating gets very dry skin, so I sent him some body shop body butter, and he loves it. I also send him artwork, because its what I do best, and takes time and effort.
Reply 2
I used to send my ex mix-tapes, which he always seemed to like. Tapes are cooler then CDs, or so i think. :cool: One time I ripped out bits from magazines of his favourite bands and lyrics and stuff and decorated a shoebox with them and then covered it in sticky back plastic. Then i put things inside it for him, a letter, glitter, a mix tape and other cool but useless objects. Finally I wrapped it in brown paper, stuck a picture of Cilla Black on the front and sent it to him in the post! :biggrin:
jewellery?
three's bf gave her cake today and im well jealous :mad: can u get him a cake delivered?
Send a kitten. Kittens are cute, everyone likes kittens. If he's allergic to cat hairs, send him a shaved kitten.
Mixed cd is trite.

Send him a pic of u nekked :wink:

Or seriously do something, ok i can't think of something... but what does he like?
Drawings are good, if you can draw. I like getting drawings.

I like getting money more but I guess if you want something personal . . .
Reply 7
magiccarpet
jewellery?
three's bf gave her cake today and im well jealous :mad: can u get him a cake delivered?

I want a cake! :rolleyes:
Ferret_messiah
Send a kitten. Kittens are cute, everyone likes kittens. If he's allergic to cat hairs, send him a shaved kitten.

:eek: hehe
Reply 9
Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I have decided to make a memory scrap book type of thing, which i will love doing but will take ages, so il start it after the exams. (I am easily distracted as it is, and my as art sketch books did actually take up a large proportion of my life).
Reply 10
You can always try knitting :smile:

Knit a glove, scarf, sweater etc for him with your name and his name on it.

I always think that it is a nice idea :smile:

If not, sing him a couple of songs and then record it on CD, I am sure he will love it too, hearing your voice before he sleeps every night. That is so sweet :smile:
Reply 11
hey, anyone got any ideas for pressies for guys that aren't all soppy? (sory, no offence all these ideas sound cute but i don't fink my bf would like them!) its my bf's birthday in 2 weeks and i really wanna get him something nice and orginal! so...any ideas? guys are so hard to buy for!!
Ali_04
hey, anyone got any ideas for pressies for guys that aren't all soppy? (sory, no offence all these ideas sound cute but i don't fink my bf would like them!) its my bf's birthday in 2 weeks and i really wanna get him something nice and orginal! so...any ideas? guys are so hard to buy for!!

my bfs bday in 2weeks as well not the same guy is it :eek: !
joke :p: You're right it is SOOO hard to buy for guys :confused:
Do guys like soppy presents? :confused:
Reply 14
Although I go red with embarassment when I think about it now, for my ex on our anniversary i wrote 52 reasons why I loved him and HANDmade a card for him... but didnt get anything back :frown:
And if he isnt the soppy type, buy yourself some nice underwear -I gues it works for most men, but might confuse him if you sent it in the post lol.
Theres a website with lots of romantic ideas, i cant remember it now, google "romantic surprises" maybe? God that sounds so cheesy :0
I think he'll be grateful for anything you send to him, it shows you've made an effort to actually think up something and do it just to show you love him :love:
Reply 15
good luck hope it works out
Ferret_messiah

Mull??

You could make him his favourite cookies and send those. Or write a huge letter, written over a week, my boyfriend did that for me once as i like getting mail.
My ex boyfriend used to write me little notes of what he loved about me and would hide them places. it was so cute to open a bag or wallet or glove compartment or locker and find little notes. they were really brief, only one line, but were really special. ive still kept them all. sometimes he would send a im thinking of u or missing u card which was sweet too. also photos of the two of u together always go down well, so like someone else said if u make a scrap book with old movie tickets and photos in and memories. or if thats too soppy then just a framed picture of u 2? my ex made me a card for our anniversay (shows u care when u make stuff) that had a heart shaped hole that u could see pics of us in it then u opened it and the page was covered with photos of us all in a collage. ok, hard to explain, but hope u get the idea. he will prob love anything that u make him as its taken time and thought and effort. good luck! xx

Latest

Trending

Trending