The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
OriginofSymmetry
What was 4(a)? For a limitation I put somebody with a pacemaker. Electric current and all...

It was the graph comparing change in EE when consuming sucrose/glucose.
It asked what component of total EE is being investigated?

I put the thermic effect of food.
ste-ve
It was the graph comparing change in EE when consuming sucrose/glucose.
It asked what component of total EE is being investigated?

I put the thermic effect of food.

Oh yeah. Had no idea, put a guess as calories. :awesome:

Yours does seem right, after a think.
Reply 42
The Q about amino acids - what type of amino acid was it?

Did anyone do biotech - it was a nightmare
Reply 43
9 I got C
21 I got A

So 23/25 for Multiple choice it looks like. LOVED the essay, since I revised a lot on molecules.
For the BIA question I put "hydration level varies daily, so making result less accurate" or along those lines.

I reckon around 85 - 90% for me :biggrin:
Reply 44
BillyLiu
9 I got C
21 I got A

So 23/25 for Multiple choice it looks like. LOVED the essay, since I revised a lot on molecules.
For the BIA question I put "hydration level varies daily, so making result less accurate" or along those lines.

I reckon around 85 - 90% for me :biggrin:

Good on you!

I felt this paper had too many one word easy questions, beginning to wonder if they've made AH easier... apart from question 1 in section B, there wasn't really much problem solving, just remembering stuff. When looking at the essays I wasn't too sure to start off with, but it's amazing how much you can remember once you get into it.

The BIA question, only two things I recall that make it inaccurate from the textbook are variable water weight and overestimates fat ratio of very lean/underestimates fat ratio of very obese.

Glad it's all over now though... won't have to do any biology for at least 3 months now :wink:
Reply 45
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I just scraped a C...
Reply 46
got 9 as A :-/ couldn't think for that question, but still should be 24/25 unless i put down something i didn't mean to, which happens -_-

glucose essay was awesome ^_^ didn't like the PHE section though :s-smilie:
Reply 47
yosrush
Good on you!

I felt this paper had too many one word easy questions, beginning to wonder if they've made AH easier... apart from question 1 in section B, there wasn't really much problem solving, just remembering stuff. When looking at the essays I wasn't too sure to start off with, but it's amazing how much you can remember once you get into it.

The BIA question, only two things I recall that make it inaccurate from the textbook are variable water weight and overestimates fat ratio of very lean/underestimates fat ratio of very obese.

Glad it's all over now though... won't have to do any biology for at least 3 months now :wink:

Thankies :biggrin: A medic as well?
phew. I managed to get 21/25 for the multi choice which is better than I did in all the past papers! (phew!) but i didn't have a clue what BIA was at all =( had to just leave it out.

Hopeful for half marks on my essay and the rest of section B seems mostly fine...(i hope)

Was scraping a pass on the past papers (=S) so hopefully I managed it here!!

I'm going to medicine too dudes =) (believe it or not haha!) where are you heading?
Kieran578
The Q about amino acids - what type of amino acid was it?

Did anyone do biotech - it was a nightmare

I got that it was basic, they were positive after accepting a H+ ion.
Reply 50
BillyLiu
Thankies :biggrin: A medic as well?

Almost :p:

Going to do dentistry at dundee.

The amino acid was basic, bit cheeky of them to put that in there, dipping into chemistry.
what do we think about the grade boundries this year?
Last year it was
A-68%
B-58%
C-48%

Anyone think it will be raised or lowered?
Reply 52
I reckon it'll be raised as the paper seemed fairly easy this year :smile:
Reply 53
tesco4life
I reckon it'll be raised as the paper seemed fairly easy this year :smile:

Yea, it was rather easy. So up a few % probably.

A 13 MARK data-handling? That never happened before! :O
Reply 54
Yeah, it'll be raised, but it shouldn't be by much, over 75% would be taking the piss.
Those bastard medics invading this thread...

EDIT: It was fairly easy, I might be scraping a B...
I think it will be raised by a few percent but not much more I dont think.
Reply 57
BillyLiu
Yea, it was rather easy. So up a few % probably.

A 13 MARK data-handling? That never happened before! :O

I'm sure most of them were between 13-15, yeah? The structure of the paper was rather standard, just a few easier questions.
Reply 58
yosrush
I'm sure most of them were between 13-15, yeah? The structure of the paper was rather standard, just a few easier questions.

They're almost all 15 markers from the looks of previous papers.

By the way, imagine five or six years ago when you had to write 3 ESSAYs, 2 DATA HANDLING questions AND a 25 marker multi choice! God, that must've been difficult :biggrin:
It won't go up. People say that for every exam they do, it very rarely does.

Latest

Trending

Trending