Physics, particularly Edexcel old spec :frown:
Reply 21
For me, from easiest to hardest :

Dutch (OCR)
Maths (OCR MEI)
Chemistry (OCR)
Further Maths (OCR MEI)
Physics (OCR)
Biology (OCR) -- To be honoust, only because there is soo much memorising and the exams have long loong answer questions, I dont really like writing more than 5 lines of just words, much rather write a full page of numbers :p:
Reply 22
well looking at what you guys said for my A level i chose

maths A2
chemistry AS
physics A2
french AS

are these really hard subject
Its its totally subjective... Some people find further maths easy and some people find it impossible. But I think chem, physics and further maths would be the hardest.
Chemistry is harder than Physics, in my view.

Physics is remembering fairly straightforward principles and then being able to apply them. Chemistry is remembering fairly straightforward principles and then pages and pages of facts and reactions and reagents oh lord what do I do.
In general, Maths is a piece of piss whereas Music is one of the hardest along with Chemistry.
Reply 26
I think the way that the sciences are tested make them quite accessible. In my opinion philosophy this year was unbelievably difficult, you just don't know what to write in the exam. Its still a brilliant subject and I would recommend it to anyone, just not a great AS examined subject :P
How about Additional Further Maths?

:indiff:
Languages.
arsemode lamer
Computing / further maths

Agreed. Though I found AS computing (what I did of it) quite a bit harder than F.M though looking at the F.M stuff for A2. Argh!
Reply 30
BIOLOGY.... theres just so much you have to learn off by heart!!!
and this is in comparison to my other subjects... lol old spec edexcel physics :eek: and ocr salters chemistry... im in hell!
surprised that there's no more mentions for computing, A2 involved a lot of pissing about with assembly language that if you don't study in detail will make module 4 an automatic fail.
Like people have said, it's subjective.
Plus, the answers will vary completely for you depending on who replies to the thread - I can't say Physics is really hard, because I don't do it!

I find History interesting but haaarrdd, and languages aren't easy either.
Reply 33
hi,im doing these subjects next year for AS..
Maths
Acoounting
ICT
Physics

Can anyone tell me, what the hardest i will find.?
And the easiest?
arsemode lamer
Computing / further maths

:ditto:

Although you only go to Runshaw :p:

Experienced Kaan yet?
jit987
hi,im doing these subjects next year for AS..
Maths
Acoounting
ICT
Physics

Can anyone tell me, what the hardest i will find.?
And the easiest?

Sure, just sit this competency exam for us and we'll analyse the results and get back to you in about a week.
Reply 36
rainbow drops
Languages.

100% agree.

No non-native speaker has got an A in German at my school in the last 10 years. I need an A for my offer :frown:
Reply 37
GodspeedGehenna
Sure, just sit this competency exam for us and we'll analyse the results and get back to you in about a week.

Dont understand you.?
Reply 38
calvinuk
Chemistry is the hardest imo.

But biology is just the most annoying.

Physics and Maths are easier than the two by far.

You sig is the funniest video! Rep tomorrow! :smile:

I head Human Bio was one of the hardest but it's dependant on the individual. I'm doing Law revision right now and it's not hard at all by there's soooo much of it so I'm not suggesting it at all but content amount is another factor come exam time.
Languages. You sort of have to learn loads of vocab and grammar etc. and know how to write essays and be analytical, and do translations AND listening exams and stuff. You can't sort of blag your way through it if you don't really know the answer, because it's either completely right or completely wrong! =/

And of course there's the 15 minute debate for the oral exam.

Latest