The Student Room Group

The Primark Thread

Hi everyone, I've applied for a job at Primark (well handed my CV in) and a few weeks later to today I had a phone call from a recruitment manager there who wants me to arrange an interview with her!

Now, what are the chances of me getting the job, with key skills communication qualifications at levels 1 and 2 and some bits of work experience (worked at my mum and dad's Chinese takeaway and their friend's takeaway separately, and also worked in local hairdressers and First Choice Holidays)....

(More information coming soon).

Oh and this is also a thread to give advice for other people who are in the same situation as me, so for people who work or used to work at Primark, please do help!
The chances of you getting the job? High.

Primark interviews aren't know for being remarkably difficult to get through. I was employed when I'd just gone 16, with no prior work experience at all :smile:
Reply 2
Sakura-Chan

Primark interviews aren't know for being remarkably difficult to get through. I was employed when I'd just gone 16, with no prior work experience at all :smile:

I am sure on the website for their jobs that they must have at least 2 years retail experience, that was the reason i never applied there!
XCRUSHESX
I am sure on the website for their jobs that they must have at least 2 years retail experience, that was the reason i never applied there!

I guess the recruitment manager thought of giving a good opportunity for me.

:biggrin: :P
Reply 4
XCRUSHESX

It's on the website but is completely untrue! I worked there for about three years, and pretty much none of us had any other experience.
XCRUSHESX

It might have changed but it was 2 years ago when I briefly worked there, and like I said I had no experience and completely walked the interview :wink:
Reply 6
http://www.primark.co.uk/page.aspx?pointerid=147e9836a8434f889c431f2f5856ae92

Maybe I have read it wrong, but I was like dude this is Primark not Selfridges!loool but now I might attempt to apply there now :smile:
Sakura-Chan

OK thanks, may I ask:

1) What was the interview like before you got the job, what questions do they ask specifically?

2) What pay is it generally for 18 year olds (I'm 18) and when you get the job, are you allowed to change your shift patterns - because I'm planning to go back to college?

3) How many days off will I be entitled to?

More info on the way if necessary.
I had my interview a few days ago. I should find out on Wednesday/Thursday whether I get the job or not. *fingers crossed*
GilbertLam
I had my interview a few days ago. I should find out on Wednesday/Thursday whether I get the job or not. *fingers crossed*

Good Luck x

And what was the interview like, what specific questions did they asked you?

Please reply and thanks in advance if you do x :smile:
Boreism
OK thanks, may I ask:

1) What was the interview like before you got the job, what questions do they ask specifically?

2) What pay is it generally for 18 year olds (I'm 18) and when you get the job, are you allowed to change your shift patterns - because I'm planning to go back to college?

3) How many days off will I be entitled to?

More info on the way if necessary.

1) You get given a sheet to fill in first, you get asked about your strengths and weaknesses as a person, prior experience with working as a team, how much you know about Primark and why exactly you want to work for them and what you can offer the company. In the interview, the interviewer will go over your answers and get you to expand on them. As far as I remember, the woman interviewing me had a booklet full of questions and scenarios, she'd pick a few at random and question you on them e.g. you get a rude, aggressive customer who's totally in your face, what do you do? And some other things that are more company specific.

2) I think it was about £5.85 for the people in my induction that were 18+
I'm not sure about your shift patterns as I only worked 4 hours Saturday/Sunday. There's usually always over time available if you're working a close and you could be tidying the shop floor, folding clothes and making sure everything's tidy for when they reopen in the morning.

3) Not a clue, I was only there for 3-ish weeks before I got a new job.
Sakura-Chan
1) You get given a sheet to fill in first, you get asked about your strengths and weaknesses as a person, prior experience with working as a team, how much you know about Primark and why exactly you want to work for them and what you can offer the company. In the interview, the interviewer will go over your answers and get you to expand on them. As far as I remember, the woman interviewing me had a booklet full of questions and scenarios, she'd pick a few at random and question you on them e.g. you get a rude, aggressive customer who's totally in your face, what do you do? And some other things that are more company specific.

I'm not sure about your shift patterns as I only worked 4 hours Saturday/Sunday. There's usually always over time available if you're working a close and you could be tidying the shop floor, folding clothes and making sure everything's tidy for when they reopen in the morning.

Thanks in advance, what happens after the interview, will I get the job or do I have to wait for feedback (if they decide that I should be successful), and is it very easy to get a job there after an interview?
Reply 12
Sakura-Chan

For 3: if you're contracted for Saturdays only, then you're entitled to 4 per year.
Simon-J
For 3: if you're contracted for Saturdays only, then you're entitled to 4 per year.

Thanks Simon, was it very easy to get a job there, did they offer you the job straight away after your interview?
Boreism
Thanks in advance, what happens after the interview, will I get the job or do I have to wait for feedback (if they decide that I should be successful), and is it very easy to get a job there after an interview?

If your interview went well, yeah :p: I got a letter about a week after my interview with a date and time for my induction :smile:
Boreism
Good Luck x

And what was the interview like, what specific questions did they asked you?

Please reply and thanks in advance if you do x :smile:

Hii! Sorry I just read that we are not allowed to ask for/post interview questions on here!!! I've pmed you my experience btw :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending