Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone from London has heard about South Thames college.

I want to do my MBA in this college. But, I'm not sure sure about how reliable the college is and whether it's registered for the course. I read on their website that it's been there since 100 years. And they are also building a new building which is a 100 million project. The MBA course is 1.5 year and remaining 6 months they offer internship of £1000 per mo. The total fees is around £8000.

I'm a commerce graduate, 19 years old. Or else can you'll suggest me some other university or college that offers MBA for about £10000. I don't have any job experience at present.

Can someone help me on this.

Thank you
    JOeL

ReputationRep:
    MBAs are supposed to be for experienced business managers. I'd be very wary of any MBA course that would let in someone with your lack of experience. I'd suggest getting a job first.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you even be thinking of doing an MBA when you're only 19?..
    Graduate with the best result possible first, get a few years work experience after.. THEN start seriously thinking about it as an option...

ReputationRep:
    I would advise against it, for numerous reasons:

1. You're only 19 years old! Any MBA worth it's salt wouldn't let a 19 year old in.

2. MBAs are only worthwhile when you have prior experience.

3. There are numerous colleges dotted around london that offer MBAs - for the most part, these colleges are nothing more than diploma mills. The fact that I haven't heard of South Thames College suggests that this is one such college. Be very weary about signing on for courses with colleges without giving them a thorough background check first.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.