The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
SomeonecalledJohnny
That is true.

After focusing so much on time constraints and exam techniques and having not studied English for two years my writing has gone down the pan.

Look not a single punctuation mark above apart from the full stop.

I did get an A in GCSE English Writing and Literature.

Don't think I could repeat that!

aw fair enough! ruddy education system eh...
Reply 81
Sh1t thread...

EITHER

Get stilts OR cut you legs off

SIMPLES...
Reply 82
I'm 5'7" and I love my height! I'm taller than most of my female friends, yet shorter than the average male. I can reach the top shelves easily and not stand out. Plus I can wear flats without looking tiny, and high heels without looking like a giant :biggrin:
Im 5ft, people have more of an issue about it than I do
Im 5 ft 8 and i've always been pretty comfortable with my height, despite having friends that are all about 6ft but after walking home with a group of girls last week i felt like jumping off a cliff :P Apprently tall and skinny is very attractive in my area :s-smilie: so im screwed as im 'short' (according to them) and pretty broad... with brown wavy hair and green eyes :wink:

Good thing is the lads at the college im going to seem alot shorter in general!
I'm 5'2" and have never ever had an issue with it. I'm a rather ostentacious character anyway so my height isn't the first thing people remember about me lol.

But the only thing that is difficult, is keeping weight down - the smaller you are, the harder it is to carry weight and not look fat!
Most people have poor posture. A man of 5'10 with inappropriate posture is 5'8 (same can be applied through height ranges). I'ts also interesting to note that, for the ladies, men typically prefer a smaller than average height (Less than the 5'4 average).
Reply 87
tall is good for girls and guys. i dunno why girls worry about being tall.
SomeonecalledJohnny
A previous thread has prompted me to make this one.

Why do Girls especially care and think they're too tall and why with guys is it the opposite with them asking if they are too small.

It annoys me that a girl can be as small as she likes but when they seem to cross a certain psychological threshold they're considered freaks and seem to lose all there self confidence.

It annoys me that guys can be as tall as they like but there is the same if not as strong psychological threshold that makes them feel less of a man if a girl is taller than them.

What gives really.

I'm 6ft 9 and I couldn't care less, sure I get both positive and negative attention but I wouldn't change being me for the world.

I just want to know why these harsh generalisations seem to exist :smile:

Personally if your 6ft+ your girlfriend/marriage material providing some other minor criterion are met :P

Love to hear your opinions.

Because for guys height is a part of their masculinity, and if a guy is not tall, he could feel like he's not 'man enough'. Naturally, a guy is supposed to be the 'protector' in the relationship, and girls in general love feeling like they have someone (a boyfriend usually) to 'protect them'. So if a girl is perhaps too tall she may fear she won't be able to get a guy taller than her. Also, it's cute when the guy is slightly taller than the girl. That was the girl can wear heels without towering over him :smile:
SomeonecalledJohnny
You do keep popping up xD! :P

Who me?:p:
Reply 90
QwentyJ
Unfortunately, I don't think it will in the immediate future, as it a sub-conscious thing for many females. In the long term future, it won't be a problem anymore as we'll have found solutions to the problem of height deficiencies.

Then again, 100 years in the future, 6'5" may well be too short for some people! :wink:

Yeah, I would think so.
And probably, we've all grown so much in the last century surely we're all going to be giants in the next one! :p:
Reply 91
It's silly to be worried about your height, there is nothing you can do to change it anyway, being tall and short both have their pluses and minuses
Reply 92
anoif_
Yeah, I would think so.
And probably, we've all grown so much in the last century surely we're all going to be giants in the next one! :p:

It would be interesting to see what height Humans would actually stop growing at. There will be maximum height where if you're too tall, you'll damage yourself falling over. No such problem for me! :P
SomeonecalledJohnny

I just want to know why these harsh generalisations seem to exist :smile:

I don't get a lot of positive attention. Lots of negative though due to my short stature.

Around January time a guy randomly started to strangle me in a club so I had to punch him out. On the same night my friend who happens to be 6ft 7 elbowed some guy off of Hollyoaks for cutting in front on him at the bar. Apparently he is calm and collected whereas I have a "Napoleon complex". :s-smilie:

Even good things I do always get attributed to my short stature. Many times people have said that I am only so smart/funny/well dressed/fit/charming/strong/sweet/kind to make up for what I lack in height. :rolleyes:

I myself wouldn't mind if my girlfriend was taller than me. Obviously too much taller would make certain things harder. I think 3.5 inches either way is fine. I understand that many women would not want to date a short man and most would not want to date one shorter than themselves but that is their prerogative. Even I have my own preferences in a mate.:p:
Reply 94
QwentyJ
It would be interesting to see what height Humans would actually stop growing at. There will be maximum height where if you're too tall, you'll damage yourself falling over. No such problem for me! :P

Hmm, yeah it would. You'd be all disproportionate which wouldn't be fun. I was reading today about a 7ft 2 female basketball player and thought how pissed off would you be if you were on the other team - you'd have no chance!
I can't see any trouble with being any height, so long as it doesn't effect our health or stop you doing things.

Latest

Trending

Trending