The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

silliva
I'm almost 18. Im pretty popular with girls of 14-16 for I suppose my 'Disney-Boy-Group-Band' look. However, recently I've noted girls around my age are going for older guys of 20/21 and just see me as a 'pretty-boy' but not a real partner as Im not 'manly' enough.

Do u look like the lead singer of GREEN DAY? Girls always love older guys. It is more of a psychological need to have a strong male figure in a girl's life. I hope I don't get spanked pretty bad by feminists but I think girls even today want guys who they believe can take care of them. Even in THE old days,women chose men who were strong enough to hunt and take care of them. It is the same now although we don practically hunt anymore... Hope it helps!!
I THINK THIS EXPLAINS WHY GIRLS FIND OLDER (MATURED) MEN MORE ATTRACTIVE.
Reply 21
un_gars_romatinque

I THINK THIS EXPLAINS WHY GIRLS FIND OLDER (MATURED) MEN MORE ATTRACTIVE.

But this is applied for the more matured girls who thinks maturely. Don't you think so? Older man might be less attractive then the men within the girls age but if the girl is matured, she can see through the shallowness and find what she really wants.
newman24x
But this is applied for the more matured girls who thinks maturely. Don't you think so? Older man might be less attractive then the men within the girls age but if the girl is matured, she can see through the shallowness and find what she really wants.

You have a valid point actually but not a lot of people are that matured in their teens and/or early twenties... This however explains why so many older women actually prefer toyboys to their husbands!!! lol
Reply 23
14-16.. so you wear eyeliner, have freakishly white teeth, care far too much for your looks, go for younger girls.. did you not die a few weeks ago?
Reply 24
un_gars_romatinque
This however explains why so many older women actually prefer toyboys to their husbands!!! lol

eh? can you explained this one?
Reply 25
eyeliner? no wonder she rejected you
Reply 26
it would have been the eyeliner, no question.
if you went OTT on the teeth, why not try toning it down a bit... not sure how, drink loads of black coffee?
Use mousse or wax, gel is rank!
DisgruntledMoth
Yeah, your problem isn't just the teeth.

But personally, when it comes to teeth I think those Hollywood-white ones are horrible. Even on adverts showing 'before-and-after' effects of whitening, the after version with white teeth always has horrible, dried out, unhealthy gums.

After reading your profile, I have a orthodontic comment to make about it: "I used to have an underbite before they tied me down and pulled my lower jaw forward. Everything's dandy, but my upper lip still sticks out a bit as a physical reminder of my childhood self." If you had to have your lower jaw pulled forward, you must have had an over- rather than underbite! :awesome:
Reply 29
White teeth are good, but do they look at all unnatural? Most cosmetic dentists won't give you really, really white veneers as it will look as though you've had work done on your teeth.
Reply 30
silliva
So basically, I used to have extremely rank teeth! I had to have a brace for 3 years to get them into place and floss everyday. About 6 Months ago I started whitening my teeth, everyday for 3 hours without fail. I had a massive complex about it! Now they are, obviously, paper white. However, Is it good to have this white teeth? Yesterday I asked out a girl who 'used' to like me but rejected me because I'm too 'plastic' with my gelled hair, eye-liner and white teeth :redface:. I really liked this girl and am just kicking myself that I spent all that effort whitening them to be rejected.

Is it attractive to have unrealistaly white teeth?, or as above do i just look like another wannabe disney channel clone that are so loathed these days?

Basically, Im just wondering if its better to keep them really white or let them fade back to a more natural colour?

And yes, I know im very metro with my appearance and get enough teasing from my friends thank you very much!

URMMM, could i ask you how much you paid to get your teeth that white?
Reply 31
....i can assure you, the make-up put her off. what are you doing wearing make-up, seriously? :lolwut:
silliva
So basically, I used to have extremely rank teeth! I had to have a brace for 3 years to get them into place and floss everyday. About 6 Months ago I started whitening my teeth, everyday for 3 hours without fail. I had a massive complex about it! Now they are, obviously, paper white. However, Is it good to have this white teeth? Yesterday I asked out a girl who 'used' to like me but rejected me because I'm too 'plastic' with my gelled hair, eye-liner and white teeth :redface:. I really liked this girl and am just kicking myself that I spent all that effort whitening them to be rejected.

Is it attractive to have unrealistaly white teeth?, or as above do i just look like another wannabe disney channel clone that are so loathed these days?

Basically, Im just wondering if its better to keep them really white or let them fade back to a more natural colour?

And yes, I know im very metro with my appearance and get enough teasing from my friends thank you very much!

How much did this cost? And how did you do it? To answer, I think white is nice when it's not too white, but I don't like Simon Cowell style white
It's not good to have yellow teeth, but I think someone's gone too white when you notice their teeth, if you know what I mean. They should look natural and healthy.
And I think eyeliner can look cool, on some guys. Mainly models. You have to have the confidence to pull it off.
Reply 34
I doubt its just your teeth and possibly more with your entire appearence. As an 18 year old girl i personally wouldnt go for a disney/boy band clone and cant think of many that would no offence
Reply 35
Rainbow-Dream
How much did this cost? And how did you do it? To answer, I think white is nice when it's not too white, but I don't like Simon Cowell style white

$50 for 3 kits of Dr. Georges Teeth Whitening. 2 weeks worth will take you to as white as naturally possible. I always used to get teased for my crooked, yellow teeth - so I wanted them to be dead white and dead straight. And yeah, mine are pretty much as white as Simon Cowell's.
Reply 36
She might have taken exception to your personality, or to the vibes you gave off when you asked her out.

...Just thought I'd throw that one out there :rolleyes:
Reply 37

???
Um.. I hope you don't actually GO for girls under 16, if you do, at 18, that's just wrong. :s-smilie:
jismith1989
After reading your profile, I have a orthodontic comment to make about it: "I used to have an underbite before they tied me down and pulled my lower jaw forward. Everything's dandy, but my upper lip still sticks out a bit as a physical reminder of my childhood self." If you had to have your lower jaw pulled forward, you must have had an over- rather than underbite! :awesome:

Oh yeah.

Damn you.

Latest

Trending

Trending