The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Seba_Nile

-English people believing that saying something louder (with additional, incomprehensible gesturing) to someone who doesn't speak english will actually cause them to suddenly be fluent in our language and understand.

Reminded me of this lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qYQEkbP4jE
Reply 21
tkhaz44

LOL :biggrin:
Hatred for smoking.
Reply 23
CityOfMyHeart
Yes :sad:
I'm the kind of person that'd go up to a random person and start talking to them. But I can't do that normally. Ohhhhh the weird looks I get. So sad.

u cn meet some dam cul people doing thAT! but sometimes i just do it to see how people react! i get in a bad mood wen they get all stuck up and la de da!
EMck
u cn meet some dam cul people doing thAT! but sometimes i just do it to see how people react! i get in a bad mood wen they get all stuck up and la de da!

Naoo I do it just to make conversation, I wouldn't do it to annoy people or take the piss =\
Reply 25
Fusion
Mobiles phones having to be answered 24/7

This.

And all things you are not supposed to discuss when first meeting someone new. It's not until you get to erotic fantasies, money, possible mental diseases and embarrassing childhood memories that things get interesting. :wink: :p:
Reply 26
sexual repression. If i wanna **** i wanna be able to shout exactly that from the rooftops.

And be able to be proud of my erection and not have to hide it, me hanging from it as it walks down the road.
Standing on escalors.

Okay I know, that's what they're for - so we don't have to walk up stairs. London has it figured, stand on one side, walk on the other.

But in every other major city, people just stand all over the place and when you're in a rush you can't run past them!! Either get walking or stand to one side you dim wits!! :h:
Reply 28
Turning up "Fashionably Late" to parties.
The pressures for women to be skinny and perfect looking. Also, the pressures for guys to be experienced when it comes to sex.
Reply 30
somethingbeautiful
Standing on escalors.

Okay I know, that's what they're for - so we don't have to walk up stairs. London has it figured, stand on one side, walk on the other.

But in every other major city, people just stand all over the place and when you're in a rush you can't run past them!! Either get walking or stand to one side you dim wits!!
:h:

:frown: Tis true, I am guilty of this sin. We just don't have this rule in non-London escalators, and on my first ever trip to London I received a torrent of abuse from an angry businessman who was apparently late for work. Everything's just so darn busy in London, I don't know how these people don't give themselves heart attacks with all this rushing in crowded places.
Reply 31
the OTT drinking in this country and
being forced to accept homosexuality and
making out in public. urgh
mamooshka
:frown: Tis true, I am guilty of this sin. We just don't have this rule in non-London escalators, and on my first ever trip to London I received a torrent of abuse from an angry businessman who was apparently late for work. Everything's just so darn busy in London, I don't know how these people don't give themselves heart attacks with all this rushing in crowded places.

haha very true but i love london for this evrywhere else is nice at first but sooo slowww after a while.. i am a true london girl :biggrin:
Farting.

Farting :coma:
Reply 34
Being politically correct.
Reply 35
Apocalypte
Any and all preconceptions in relation to gender roles.

Agreed.

My grandad is absolutely awful for this one and it makes my blood boil that my nan lets him get away with it. :mad:
Yekim_8
Turning up "Fashionably Late" to parties.

You'll hate me then :biggrin:

For me, spitting on the street and excessive drinking.
Reply 37
daftndirekt
Holding doors open for old people and then they look at you as if you stabbed their family :angry:

I once passed through a door (in London) at the same time as an old person, and then she started shouting at me for not holding the door open for her friend, she even tried to force me to apologize to her friend for not holding the bloody door. AND they were obviously strong enough to open it themselves... Jesus! :mad:

That sort of thing would never happen where I live, but then again, Swedes are generally impolite bastards and everyone knows it haha :yep:
paedophile hatred
Reply 39
Girls not asking out guys when obviously they want it to happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending