The Student Room Group

Found a job on the Job Centre website, how can I apply?

The profile says that I can send a CV to an email address, but i am unsure of how to write the email. Would it be enough to attach a copy of my CV and then just write a line or two saying that I'd wish to apply for the position? How would it be best to phrase this? Should I include a covering letter?
Reply 1
apologies for no capitals. my caps lock button is broken. i just attach my cv and write a sentence or two saying please find attached a copy of my cv.... i've applied for a few and i've heard back from the majority too. these were only part-time jobs though. if they were important i would have put in a lot more effort.
afua12
The profile says that I can send a CV to an email address, but i am unsure of how to write the email. Would it be enough to attach a copy of my CV and then just write a line or two saying that I'd wish to apply for the position? How would it be best to phrase this? Should I include a covering letter?

Write a cover letter on word to go with the cv and upload the two to the email. On the email itself, just highlight the fact that you're applying for a job and which specific job you're applying for.

Reward me for my time.
I've got nothing to add, other than Good Luck!
Reply 4
AAALWAYS put a covering letter!

In the covering letter you should probably write:

- What position you're applying for.
- Why you're applying.

Add something at the bottom like "I look forward to hearing from you." Something kind've professional, idk.

Make sure you have all your contact details on the email aswell! Even if they are on your CV.

Make sure your CV is titled with your name aswell, like YourName.doc. I always send the CV in multiple formats too pdf&doc just incase...that's probably not necessary though lol.
Reply 5
to apply for the job the applicant has ot be over 18, which I shall be in a couple of days time. However, I haven't put my DoB on my CV, should I? Or should I mention it instead in the covering letter?
afua12
to apply for the job the applicant has ot be over 18, which I shall be in a couple of days time. However, I haven't put my DoB on my CV, should I? Or should I mention it instead in the covering letter?

Put it in the final paragraph of the covering letter. I can confirm that am 18 years old

Latest

Trending

Trending