The Student Room Group

Lower sixth form admission at Tonbridge School

well..im currently at year 11 and will be sittin the entrance exam of Tonbridge School for a place of lower sixth
its website says for a candidate like me, the entrance exam will include papers for the subjects he wants to study at alevel, as well as an interview
in this case, i'll be sitting exams for maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.
so my questions are:
1. how difficult will be the exams? Is knowlegde beyond gcse level required?
2. wt will be most likely asked at the interview?
many thx!
1. No it won't be beyond GCSE level, it won't be too difficult if you know your stuff well.
2. It depends, but you can think about reasons for choosing Tonbridge and the four AS subjects you're going to do. They might also ask about any extra-curricular activities you have, or just general stuff like books you've read recently. Or it might even be a chat with nothing serious. Basically they just want to get to know you better through the interview so just be yourself and you'll be okay.

P.S. I haven't done the Tonbridge entrance exams/interview but I've taken those at other boarding schools and they're all similar, hopefully it'll give you an idea of what things will be like.

Edit - fixed typo.
Reply 2
Thx man:yes:
btw which school did u choose?

Latest

Trending

Trending