The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Age 24
Years driving 3
NCB 3
Car insured on Citroen Xsara 1.9 TDI
£36.15 per month with me as main driver,named driver my other half no years claims.

Age 24
Years driving 3
NCB 0
Car insured on Peugeot 206 1.9 TD
£24.55 per month with me as main driver,named driver my other half no years claims.

Always pay monthly to help with my bills so get charged a little bit extra for that, and legal cover etc.
Ag: 17
Years driving: 0
NCB: 0
Car insured on: 1992 Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i
Price: £650 TPFT (own name, not a named driver)
Reply 22
Which insurance company are you going through, grodeki?
Benjybh
Which insurance company are you going through, grodeki?

Footman James. It's a classic policy (car 15+ years old) with a 6000 miles per annum limit. I also do not accrue NCB.

Ignore the "over 25s" on the website, call them and they will quote you over the phone.
turn_the_page_day_by_day
As the title states just to see how many others are paying and also for reference to compare if you're being ripped off.

Include:
NCB
Car insured on

Also if you have any convictions include that.

Years Driving: 0 years, 5 months
NCB: whats that? :s-smilie:
Car insured on: fiesta 06

and i pay £104 a month (ouch) with CIS (and im male)

my dad pays about £70 and my mum just £20 or around that! :p:

EDIT: just realised NCB is no claims bonus

i dont know my NCB after all that :p:
Years driving: 0 (3 months exactly)
Car insured on: 1.4 Ford Focus (LX I think?) 2002

£870 Fully comp. as Policy holder (no named drivers)
Reply 26
Years driving: 0
Car insured: 1.2 VW Polo 05
named driving for 400 pounds for 3rd party fire and theft

That was a year ago and its run out now :tongue:
Reply 27
grodecki
Footman James. It's a classic policy (car 15+ years old) with a 6000 miles per annum limit. I also do not accrue NCB.

Ignore the "over 25s" on the website, call them and they will quote you over the phone.

Yup, already tried them. Have you got a quote from Peter D James? It's the 'James' from FJ and they quoted me about half what FJ did.
Benjybh
Yup, already tried them. Have you got a quote from Peter D James? It's the 'James' from FJ and they quoted me about half what FJ did.

Been insured for half a year already mate, so nope, didn't try them at the time! Will take note for next year, thanks though :smile:
Am learning to drive yet i have a quote for when i pass my test for my car and its £2000 for a 09 plate ford fiesta. NOT HAPPY lol but hey not much i can do. :frown:
£1400 (comprehensive) - Japanese import insurance (car is not UK spec)

Years Driving: 4
NCB: 4
Car Insured: 1998 Toyota Starlet Glanza V 1.3 Turbo (modified)
LissRules!!
Am learning to drive yet i have a quote for when i pass my test for my car and its £2000 for a 09 plate ford fiesta. NOT HAPPY lol but hey not much i can do. :frown:

Don't get an 09 plate for your first car then numpty!
Reply 32
Years driving: 4 months
Car: 1997 Ford Ka 1.3

£1100 fully comp
Years driving: 2
NCB: 0 (Classic policy)
Car: 1974 1200cc Volkswagen Beetle

Cost: £320 (with my dad (has an SP30) and close friend (has had a claim on his own car's policy) as 2nd & 3rd drivers
Reply 34
Years driving: Few months:smile:
Car: 2006 Ford KA
Cost: £1300 fully comp..It sucks :frown:
Reply 35
Years driving: 5.. days :p:
Car: '54 Toyota Yaris, 1 ltr
Price: £710, but that's as a named driver - full comp :smile:
ChrisLincoln
Don't get an 09 plate for your first car then numpty!

Wasn't going to but the difference of having at 2001 plate and 2009 on the insurance was only a couple hundred of quid so thought might aswell get a better car. Might as well. Insurance for new drivers is stupid regardless of the car so don't really have much choice but to pay it.. well if i want to drive that is. :smile:
LissRules!!
Wasn't going to but the difference of having at 2001 plate and 2009 on the insurance was only a couple hundred of quid so thought might aswell get a better car. Might as well. Insurance for new drivers is stupid regardless of the car so don't really have much choice but to pay it.. well if i want to drive that is. :smile:

No way insurance on a 2001 car at 17 wouldnt be over £1200 even for a guy. (Depending on engine ofc)
ChrisLincoln
No way insurance on a 2001 car at 17 wouldnt be over £1200 even for a guy. (Depending on engine ofc)

Easily would be, if in your own name, how you should do it.

Buying a 2009 car is a massive waste of cash regardless, but you know, if you have the money and it's not on finance, cool.
grodecki
Easily would be, if in your own name, how you should do it.

Buying a 2009 car is a massive waste of cash regardless, but you know, if you have the money and it's not on finance, cool.

No way. 17 year old male 1.2 16vale 04 plate corsa. £1167. Own name fully comp.

If you're paying over £1200, you fail at searching for prices.

Latest

Trending

Trending